GDT: Buffalo at Nashville 8p ET 1/24/17

pi2000

No point for loss. 1 pt for shootout win

Don't like that.  The idea is to get back to an equal number of points for all games, regardless of the outcome.  So 3 points for a win in regulation, 2 points for an OT/SO win and 1 point for an OT/SO loss.  But ALWAYS 3 points given out for every game.

Either that, or just go back to kissing your sister again.

Kulikov says he is playing tonight.

Lehner in net

I hope they pair him with Bogo, he didn't look first time around with Ristolainen.  

Keep Fedun with Risto, they did well in MTL.   Bogo-Kuli and Franson-Falk, or Kul-Falk and Franson-Bogo, or whatever I don't think it will matter much tonight anyway...

C'mon, fellas. Two points! It doesn't even need to be in regulation, since this is a western team.

Smell steals them as soon as we get them, it's a losing battle, so we just let him have them.

Ha.

Man - I'm just never going to live down my salad day affection for Mrs. Pegula, am I?

So be it.

Don't like that. The idea is to get back to an equal number of points for all games, regardless of the outcome. So 3 points for a win in regulation, 2 points for an OT/SO win and 1 point for an OT/SO loss. But ALWAYS 3 points given out for every game.

Either that, or just go back to kissing your sister again.

Why is that the idea? Rewarding a loss encourages teams to play it safe

Give a Honk for the Goose!

Yes. They do. I totally agree/wish they would.

But I doubt they because there was already an outcry when they added the loser point. If you went to a 3 point system all the point records would have to be thrown out, and the league probably doesn't want to do that.

The Capitals currently have 32 wins and a ROW of 31. I have no idea how many of that 31 were OT wins, but lets just say 5 of them. That's 26*3 + 5*2 + 1*1 = 89 points through 47 games played. A 90 point season is now garbage.

Not sure if you were referring to the current system or that proposed one, but the statement is correct in either case. ;)

Has Okposo played with Eichel at all 5v5 this year? What about ROR? With all the line juggling we've seen all year I can't understand why DDB wouldn't try putting his skill players on a line together...maybe even at the end of games we've been behind? Has that happened?

First question: yes, they were alright together. 

Second question: No, maybe one shift every three games or so, if that. It's the one thing we have basically never tried with any consistency, and with our scoring woes, I'd really like to try to make a legit top line with 90 and 23 flanking Jack at some point, just to see what happens.

This one rattled around in my brain: "They're coming in! Three marks at two-ten!" Sure enough, there are three Predators with a 210 weight on their roster: P.K. Subban, Anthony Bitetto, and Cody McLeod. There is a Star Wars quote for every game and situation. Rationalization is a beautiful thing. So is beer.

They're coming in! Three marks at two-ten! Let's go, Buffalo!

C'mon, fellas. Two points! It doesn't even need to be in regulation, since this is a western team.

Ha.

Man - I'm just never going to live down my salad day affection for Mrs. Pegula, am I?

So be it.

Have you tossed the salad days away already? Wow you're fickle.

This one rattled around in my brain: "They're coming in! Three marks at two-ten!" Sure enough, there are three Predators with a 210 weight on their roster: P.K. Subban, Anthony Bitetto, and Cody McLeod. There is a Star Wars quote for every game and situation. Rationalization is a beautiful thing. So is beer.

They're coming in! Three marks at two-ten! Let's go, Buffalo!

The nerd in me, loves this!

No point for loss. 1 pt for shootout win

Thought of that. Did you mean 2 pts for OT win and 1 pt for loss, but only 1 pt for SO win and 0 pts for loss?  The problem with that is teams that know they stink in the SO (know any teams like that?) would deliberately allow a goal in OT just to earn a point. That's not cricket.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Thought of that. Did you mean 2 pts for OT win and 1 pt for loss, but only 1 pt for SO win and 0 pts for loss? The problem with that is teams that know they stink in the SO (know any teams like that?) would deliberately allow a goal in OT just to earn a point. That's not cricket.

Sorry, I'm confused now :lol:

Just to clarify, I want 3 for a reg win, 2 for OT win, 1 for SO win, and 0 for a loss of any kind. Provide incentive to win, and win as fast as you can. Go for the win, not the points

Sorry, I'm confused now :lol:

Just to clarify, I want 3 for a reg win, 2 for OT win, 1 for SO win, and 0 for a loss of any kind. Provide incentive to win, and win as fast as you can. Go for the win, not the points

I proposed this idea over a beer drinking session a while back:

Reinstate the tie. Then make the points system as follows: 2 points for a win, 1 point for a loss, 0 points for a tie. Or: 1 point for a win, 0 points for a loss, -1 point for a tie. 

Punish tie games, and teams will do everything they can to win or die trying. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.