GDT: Buffalo at Nashville 8p ET 1/24/17

pi2000

Is it my imagination that Bogo looks better playing on the left side vs right?

Not sure but he doesn't look nearly as labored as he did earlier in the season. He was carrying a piano on his back for a while.

My guess is that he's finally feeling comfortable after coming back from the knee/leg injury. There's been a noticeable difference in his game the last few games actually. Then again you can bunkerite it and say he's on his good 1/3 of the season run.

My guess is that he's finally feeling comfortable after coming back from the knee/leg injury. There's been a noticeable difference in his game the last few games actually. Then again you can bunkerite it and say he's on his good 1/3 of the season run.

I think we should all strive to accurately describe it--no need to reside in the Bunker to do so ;) :p

Disagree.   He doesn't contribute enough offensively as a top 6 winger and does not posses top 9 skill.    He's a role player and his role is best served on the 4th line.   To be successful in today's NHL you need 3 scoring lines.    

We're trying to build a fast north/south skilled team.   He's not that type of player.

There you go, looking at tangibles again.  I said *intangibles*.

Oh and Subban is still a bitch

Meh.  I'd take him in a moment.

Out of our two "slow guys," Gorges has been meh and ended up hurt while Franson seems to be elevating his game.  It's almost as if he's more comfortable with more minutes (he said so in a recent interview) and he's actually remembering that he can be part of the offense.  With Falk and Fedun solidly covering the bottom pairing it seems like Franson's found the game he had in TO.  Maybe not a true 2nd pair guy anymore, but good enough for now.

I think if Fedun has had a positive impact on the team, it's that he pushed Franson out of his comfort zone and up to the second pairing where he's rediscovered himself.

Sat about 10 rows up from the Sabres bench. Many Sabres fans in attendance as usual. That was fun!

I was across from you in 106, row L. My wife and I were lonely Sabres fans. On my side of the rink Sabres fans were outnumbered by black predators fans five to one. Hockey's come a long way in Nashville.

I thought Foligno was by far our best forward.

Franson had a very solid game. Very solid.

Lehner was terrible.

The Bruins are slowly unraveling but the Sabres have 10 other teams to climb over to claim one of three playoff berths. Head down and keep grinding.

Living in NH, the Bruins give me some pleasure knowing that spoiled rotten Boston sports fans aren't getting another automatic championship they think they are entitled to.

This. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

And for the love of God, I hate Boston sports fans. Once the Patriots and Red Sox started winning titles, they all came out of the woodwork feeling entitled.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.