The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

The next time I spell "relevant" correctly on the first try... will be the first. I have a serious mental block where I always type "relavent."

It's not just you. I always start with revelant.

Same. They're really easy to put on

Yeah? It took this guy 10 minutes. He explained why it was tricky. I didn't understand.

I don't know. I don't let other men change my wipers for me.

:blush:

Sit the ###### inside the car.  He's not doing it for free.

I did. I said there's no point in both of us being cold, and that when people stare at me when I'm doing something it makes me nervous. But that was after spending a few minutes doing my cold time. I think I balanced it all beautifully.

Yep. Or check my oil. My car was guzzling oil and eventually needed a whole new engine due to recall (hoorayy) and until I could get it in for heart surgery I was checking/filling it up in the Autozone parking lot. If I had a nickel for every dipstick who wanted to give the little lady unsolicited advice about my car, how to properly check my oil, and oil type or comments about me doing it in a dress and heels I'd have had that oil paid for. My pride gets in the way. I get bristly at being the damsel in distress. Doubt you guys ever get that much attention. Chivalry ain't dead I guess. 

..but if I did need help, I'm standing right next to that guy and watching/asking questions so I can have a better clue next time and do it myself if possible. 

I disagree. It's his job. If everyone did all the services these auto places offer themselves, maybe that's one job lost. I feel the same way about not taking my cart to the corral. It's someone's job to herd them.

I disagree. It's his job. If everyone did all the services these auto places offer themselves, maybe that's one job lost. I feel the same way about not taking my cart to the corral. It's someone's job to herd them.

Noooo nooo nooooo don't do that oh god no that's like being the person who leaves all their unwanted clothes in the fitting room. People working those jobs are generally paid rather crappily and have a million other duties to perform on their shift- chasing down carts that can hit people's cars or dealing with huge piles of wadded up clothing only makes it that much more horrible... takes like... 5 seconds to make someone's job/life easier. 

Is this a Pennsylvania thing? Seriously, I bring other people's carts back to the corral. That drives me nuts! "Hey, I think I'll leave this here so the wind can blow it into someone's car causing scratches and dents and hundreds of dollars worth of damage. Ya know why? Cause I'm awesome."

People that leave carts in parking lots are people that I plan elaborate torture sequences for. Just the worst.

Dressing room? I don't try clothes on.

Park at the far end of the lot where no one else parks. No chance of a mutant errant runaway cart hitting you.

I leave my wrappers and ###### on the floor of the theater and arena, too.

Must be a baby boomer thing. Us millennials don't expect everyone else to clean up after us. ;)

Fortunately you'll never have this problem again because you'll be replacing your washer every 7-8 years now. 

Only if you don't try to fix them! I tore mine apart... hey, about 8 years after I got it...  and replaced the assembly at the bottom that decides whether the tub freewheels or everything spins. Total cost: Maybe $140 in parts and tools, 4-5 beers, a few hours (not helped by the beers), and whatever electricity I spent streaming The Longest Day and In Harm's Way to my phone (also didn't help the time).

Must be a baby boomer thing. Us millennials don't expect everyone else to clean up after us. ;)

Nice!

A.  Either jump the switch or open it, accordingly. (B. Realizing your wife would have needed to make sure she didn't try to add additional garments after the start of the wash cycle. ;))

I didn't feel I could guarantee B so I didn't A.  Also bear in mind I have a live-at-home adult son and a cheapo-can't-pay-for-the-apartment-complex-washers son who also use the machine, so it wasn't just the wife.

I didn't feel I could guarantee B so I didn't A.  Also bear in mind I have a live-at-home adult son and a cheapo-can't-pay-for-the-apartment-complex-washers son who also use the machine, so it wasn't just the wife.

Sheesh, where's your sense of adventure? Besides, IIRC, you're still on your starter wife & you definitely have at least 1 spare kid, so really, there's VERY little downside. :p

:lol:

Email gremlins. They strike at the worst times.

Copy pasted an address to send my resume/cover letter shenanigans to- a friend at a good company has a part time lead for me, for which I am extremely hopeful and grateful. 

Today he hits me up again, essentially asking why I never sent anything. 

For some bizarre reason, he never received it. Not in the spam, not in the junkmail- my email says it sent... We sorted it out but god... nothing says "I REALLY WANT THIS JOB" more than looking like you never even tried to apply...  :sick:

I'm going to pass out. 

My cola pay bump just showed up in our HR software. 1.67% which at my piddly salary equates to about 27 cents per hour. So much winning!

Yeah my last 2 raises have been less than $20 a week. I once thought I had a decent salary but I'm quickly realizing that life passed me by and I'm probably headed toward the downward slope of the bell curve in my career.

What?

Oh you aren't the only one flabbergasted by the "nonsense". :)