The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Why have I not heard of this Logic fellow prior to tonight

He was underground for awhile. His early stuff is just a lot of frat boy stuff, but there is a good amount of deeper stuff too. He hit mainstream with his suicide hotline song. The guy is really talented

I like little ceasers still, 8 dollar double deep dish mmmmm

I mean, dollar for dollar Little Cesar's at least gives you the ingredients of pizza heated near each other... dominoes has stepped their game up. Papa John can die having his own "thing he calls pizza" shoved down his throat..

I moved to Oklahoma and, aside from this cute tiny place on Campus Corner, all of the pizza around is either Dominoes, Pizza Hut, or Papa Johns. They bought us Papa Johns every week for this thing we had to do as first year grad students. 

Despite all the stomach problems I was having, I was still able to eat pizza, it never phased me. And I love it so much. Then two weeks of two slices of Papa Johns each week, and that ###### has ruined pizza for me. It tasted awful and now no matter where I get pizza it ###### me up for days. ###### you Papa Johns, and ###### any food place outside of WNY.

I feel so fortunate that I can get good Buffalo pizza in Fort Worth.  A guy from Kenmore opened up a bar call Buffalo Bros.  Every Monday they do half-off pizza.  I can get an 18" pepperoni for just under $12.  (It used to be $10 but they had to raise prices recently.)

22498922_1423537084361844_25532608915260

I feel so fortunate that I can get good Buffalo pizza in Fort Worth.  A guy from Kenmore opened up a bar call Buffalo Bros.  Every Monday they do half-off pizza.  I can get an 18" pepperoni for just under $12.  (It used to be $10 but they had to raise prices recently.)

Do they use the curly small (from Ohio, who knew?) pepperoni, or the typical wide thinny sliced kind. Surprised so many local Buffalo pizzerias don't use the "signature" curl up pepperoni.

Curly.  See the picture.

He also does beef on weck (with great, locally-sourced kimmelweck rolls), Sahlen's hot dogs, fried bologna, loganberry on tap, Labatt bucket specials on Bills game days, and a good Friday fish fry.

No schlitz. Must have great wings if they do everything else respectably. :thumbsup:

Though very surprised they can make rolls properly in Ft Worth. Would expect that's only 150' above sea level & haven't found grest rolls below 400' above.

Shoot, hard to find good kimmelwick in Ra-cha-cha. But can get good kaiser rolls. A light dusting of egg white, some caraway seeds, & 3 minutes in the oven & voila!

No schlitz. Must have great wings if they do everything else respectably. :thumbsup:

Though very surprised they can make rolls properly in Ft Worth. Would expect that's only 150' above sea level & haven't found grest rolls below 400' above.

Shoot, hard to find good kimmelwick in Ra-cha-cha. But can get good kaiser rolls. A light dusting of egg white, some caraway seeds, & 3 minutes in the oven & voila!

Oh yeah, great wings too.

Ft. Worth is about 700 feet above sea level, believe it or don't.  I think the bakery that makes them is in Arlington a few miles east.  Ed (the Buffalo Bros owner) contracts with a bakery there and they make the rolls to his spec.  To be honest, their kimmelweck rolls are better than most of the ones you get in Buffalo these days (which are altogether too soft; a good weck should be almost crunchy).

Ed, as I mentioned, is from Kenmore.  He worked as a chef for a local restaurateur and got his boss's backing to open up Buffalo Bros.  They just celebrated their 10th anniversary in November.  The place is a treasure to the Buffalo expat community and we all come out on Bills game days; this is the Fort Worth location for DFW Bills Backers.

14519777_1079747198740836_34503178774030

Oh yeah, great wings too.

Ft. Worth is about 700 feet above sea level, believe it or don't.  I think the bakery that makes them is in Arlington a few miles east.  Ed (the Buffalo Bros owner) contracts with a bakery there and they make the rolls to his spec.  To be honest, their kimmelweck rolls are better than most of the ones you get in Buffalo these days (which are altogether too soft; a good weck should be almost crunchy).

Ed, as I mentioned, is from Kenmore.  He worked as a chef for a local restaurateur and got his boss's backing to open up Buffalo Bros.  They just celebrated their 10th anniversary in November.  The place is a treasure to the Buffalo expat community and we all come out on Bills game days; this is the Fort Worth location for DFW Bills Backers.

14519777_1079747198740836_34503178774030

Knew it was higher than Houston, but didn't realize that much. They should be able to bake good hard rolls that high up. The handful of times I'd been there & getting subs the rolls were very good (Great Outdoors IIRC) but figured that was more the bac than the rolls themselves. ;)

The good thing is, the beast can get cooked right regardless of elevation & horseradish can transport. The roll is the key.

My boss continues to bring up Fox News talking points in meetings. The majority of his audience does not share his opinions. It's grating on me.

Just sell a little piece of your soul and get in his good graces. Say stuff like regular cops are heroes and not to be questioned, but Federal cops are deep state liberals that shouldn't be trusted. Throw in a few "the system is rigged" and "fake news" statements and he'll probably start cutting the pay of your coworkers just to give you a bonus. It wouldn't hurt to hang a picture of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Roger Stone, or Ann Coulter around your office either, just don't use them as dart boards or all the other stuff you do will be for naught.

I can't speak for inky, but I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Yeah I'm not thrilled about listening to his drivel. He honestly believes we are all like minded and follow the faux news mantra. Just because we are all middle aged and white doesn't mean we think the same. If it wasn't a complete bitch move, I'd have gone to HR by now. I'd take him aside and tell him how I feel but I'm afraid he may look at me differently.

Yeah I'm not thrilled about listening to his drivel. He honestly believes we are all like minded and follow the faux news mantra. Just because we are all middle aged and white doesn't mean we think the same. If it wasn't a complete bitch move, I'd have gone to HR by now. I'd take him aside and tell him how I feel but I'm afraid he may look at me differently.

Don't do it. Let him exist in his conservative bubble. I've worked for bosses like that in the past and nothing good comes from challenging their views on non-work related items. If you let your political feelings be known you'll start to question every eval, every report, and every answer you get from him and start wondering if he's giving you bad reviews or just saying no because he disagrees with your personal opinions. It's not worth it.

Don't do it. Let him exist in his conservative bubble. I've worked for bosses like that in the past and nothing good comes from challenging their views on non-work related items. If you let your political feelings be known you'll start to question every eval, every report, and every answer you get from him and start wondering if he's giving you bad reviews or just saying no because he disagrees with your personal opinions. It's not worth it.

I've had the exact opposite experience.  The tension was there; it just got it out in the open and we could move forward from there.  Of course, this was something that happened about 20 years ago, prior to the current political weirdness.

Edited by Anordning

I should note that Pizza Paul's in Geneseo is the only place where I've seen people vomit on multiple occasions

As a proud alumnus of SUNY Geneseo, I will note that Pizza Paul's was the choice of many a drunken college kid for late night eats, so that may be where the vomit came from. That said, most of the students I knew (including myself) preferred Mamma Mia's to Pizza Paul's for the 2am slice. :beer:

As a proud alumnus of SUNY Geneseo, I will note that Pizza Paul's was the choice of many a drunken college kid for late night eats, so that may be where the vomit came from. That said, most of the students I knew (including myself) preferred Mamma Mia's to Pizza Paul's for the 2am slice. :beer:

2am...pfft! Amateurs.