The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

One of my younger cousins loves Mighty. His birthday was Mighty Taco themed and his christmas presents were about $75 in MT gift cards. 

If you want to talk drunken eats chains in Buffalo, I point you to Jim's Steakout.

Good on the younger cousin.

And, yes. Jim's is more in the nature of drunken eats.

Better than Taco Bell? *ducks I mean *squats

So much so, I don't even consider them comparable. If I want some Mighty, but can only get Taco Bell, I'll move onto another option.

Our cat is in one of his "barf constantly" fits. He's had them on and off forever, but this spell has been especially gross. He's 12, and while it's probably just another spell of his oddness, I want to line up a vet here just in case. Does anyone have a place they like? We're out in Williamsville, so close is preferable, but I don't mind a short drive if necessary. 

Our cat is in one of his "barf constantly" fits. He's had them on and off forever, but this spell has been especially gross. He's 12, and while it's probably just another spell of his oddness, I want to line up a vet here just in case. Does anyone have a place they like? We're out in Williamsville, so close is preferable, but I don't mind a short drive if necessary. 

My sister works at a vet hospital in Rochester. Not sure if you guys are still doing the whole Rochester/Buffalo thing or not

My sister works at a vet hospital in Rochester. Not sure if you guys are still doing the whole Rochester/Buffalo thing or not

I'd rather not. He hates car rides as it is, and I wouldn't want to further stress him out at this point. I had a great vet in Rochester, but yeah, the drive is just too much. 

We go to Brighton-Eggert Animal Hospital which is off Sheridan by Niagara Falls Blvd. Brand new facility and always had a pleasant experience there. It may be a 10-15min drive from you depending on where in Williamsville you are (I think d4rk mentioned closer to the Airport earlier this week).

We go to Brighton-Eggert Animal Hospital which is off Sheridan by Niagara Falls Blvd. Brand new facility and always had a pleasant experience there. It may be a 10-15min drive from you depending on where in Williamsville you are (I think d4rk mentioned closer to the Airport earlier this week).

Yeah that doesn't look like a bad commute at all. I like that they have urgent care hours and such, too. 12 in a cat is one of those ages where he's probbaaaably fine and we have it under control but could get worse worryingly quick as well. I'm watching the poor guy like a hawk now. I'll be terrible if I ever have children. 

Stop feeding Mighty and Taco Bell to the cat.

I can't even click that.  Just the headline has me trembling in anger.

Yeah that doesn't look like a bad commute at all. I like that they have urgent care hours and such, too. 12 in a cat is one of those ages where he's probbaaaably fine and we have it under control but could get worse worryingly quick as well. I'm watching the poor guy like a hawk now. I'll be terrible if I ever have children. 

If you ever have a super emergency (2am, holiday, etc.) there is also Green Acres Emergency Clinic on Niagara Falls Blvd. just off the 290 by The Home Depot. They are the emergency clinic we went to when my dog needed surgery on Thanksgiving Day after she swallowed a chew toy. 

But any other emergency that isn't an everything-closes-holiday I stick with Brighton Eggert. :thumbsup:

They look really, you know, creepy.

I don't know.... in engineering culture he didn't really stand out.  A bit odd, but many engineers have quirky personalities (basically a kind of quiet guy but when his sense of humor came out it was kind of geeky... which is quite fashionable these days, isn't it?)  He was certainly in the range that you would consider normal.  He was amiable enough, even with the haircut (which, back when I knew him was similar but probably a bit shorter and not so odd looking).  Many people find a hairstyle they like and stick with it; too bad he stuck with the haircut his dad gave him when he was 9.

I find the comments interesting because having known this guy, he certainly didn't stand out as creepy or evil or anything like that.  He had a dated haircut, sure, but other than that he came across as pretty normal.  At the time I don't recall anything about him having hordes of kids.

A bakers dozen children, yeah....

I make fun of my brother for having 4 kids! "When ya raising that barn?" "Been churning out lots of butter lately?" "Hey, when you sending me that fireless fireplace?" "How's the basketball team coming?"

Yeah. I offered some snacks (I have them in car for Uber patrons) and the dude looked at me like I had 6 heads. He didn't want to eat. My level of discourse for this type of thing is high.

I respect those who hustle. I just don't allow myself to ever be the mark. With respect to this, I'm sure I miss some opportunities to be a better person. But I'm also never a sucker. It's a trade-off. I'm not sure if it's good or bad.