The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

There are easier ways to get me kicked off here Smell  :P  ;)

/Don't make the joke.

//DON'T make that joke.

///DO NO MAKE THAT JOKE.

See what's become of me here?

Interesting, didn't know that. Does that mean don't get drunk? Can I have a beer or two?

That makes sense too. Google is great, but I know there are some people on here with concussions, or know someone who's been treated for one

Are you not treating with anyone for this? Like, a medical professional might be best to advise you.

I am *sure* that getting drunk or buzzed is a huge no-no for concussion recovery. A beer or two, I'm not so sure. But why risk it?

The most important thing with a concussion is to ensure a full and complete recovery, as promptly as your body will allow. Screwing up the recovery, like by protracting it by doing too much or doing the wrong stuff, seems like one of the biggest risk factors for not having a complete recovery.

To that end, can you get some time away from work owing to a medical issue? 

/Don't make the joke.

//DON'T make that joke.

///DO NO MAKE THAT JOKE.

See what's become of me here?

Are you not treating with anyone for this? Like, a medical professional might be best to advise you.

I am *sure* that getting drunk or buzzed is a huge no-no for concussion recovery. A beer or two, I'm not so sure. But why risk it?

The most important thing with a concussion is to ensure a full and complete recovery, as promptly as your body will allow. Screwing up the recovery, like by protracting it by doing too much or doing the wrong stuff, seems like one of the biggest risk factors for not having a complete recovery.

To that end, can you get some time away from work owing to a medical issue? 

I went to the doctor and got diagnosed. She honestly didn't tell me a lot, was more focused on my ankle though

Just have a lot of big events coming up where drinks will be there. Don't plan on getting drunk, but being the guy without any drinks is never fun. I know you're right and that's logical, but it just would really suck

I'm afraid to tell my co-workers/boss. They know I hurt my ankle and hit my head, but think it's from soccer. They don't know about the concussion either

NHL All Star ads are coming out and they're terrrrruhble. Copy pasted heads on stock photos- but done *just* well enough to go past "funny pasted faces" territory into "did they mean to make that look horrid? Hire a fu*king illustrator. Make an ad interesting and eye catching, not "meh".

I got mad that someone's being paid to do that and did a 20 minute scribbly redo of the Karlsson one on my lunch break. The Subban one is worse but I have sh!t to do. 

OMNQ1B1.jpg

Concussion is simply a bruise to the brain, in layman's terms. Key things to do for concussion involve rest, rest and rest. No jarring movements, no contact, anti inflammatory medications such as aleve may help a little bit with healing, also sleep is more important now that it usually is..... As for alcohol, I mean textbooks will pout and scream, but honesty if you don't get hammered, you'll be just fine. Anything straining the eyes is a relative contraindication, but it won't make much difference in the grand scheme of things If you're just chilling out while doing it.

NHL All Star ads are coming out and they're terrrrruhble. Copy pasted heads on stock photos- but done *just* well enough to go past "funny pasted faces" territory into "did they mean to make that look horrid? Hire a fu*king illustrator. Make an ad interesting and eye catching, not "meh".

I got mad that someone's being paid to do that and did a 20 minute scribbly redo of the Karlsson one on my lunch break. The Subban one is worse but I have sh!t to do.

OMNQ1B1.jpg

:)

A homeless guy just walked by me in the mall and the stench of Bo and stale piss is so bad I'm trying to fart to make it smell better

Poor Gionta

^

That sort of thing is happening throughout upstate and western NY, and beyond.

The former St. Gerard in Buffalo sat moth-balled and neglected for many years until a local Islam faith community purchased it.

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2017/02/3/st--gerards--catholic--church--buffalo--east-delevan--father-mazur--muslim--mosque

One trick that can arise with these transitions is how the local Diocese handles some of the Christian artifacts and fixtures that the purchasers must remove from the premises. 

I am not happy that many churches are closing.  In time I feel that the same thing could be happening to the mosques.

In many cases the Christian artifacts are donated, or re-used in some way by the new owners.

A local mosque that I often pray Friday Prayers in was a former church that was no longer in use.  All the artifacts were donated to other churches in the area and were treated with due respect and care.

The video I posted shows how it is supposed to work ... being part of the community at large and the fact that the mosque has no partition between the men and women.  All the mosques in the time of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) were set up that way.

So, my wife and I decided to power wash the whole house on a very nice late summer weekend last September.  It was a lot of fun.  Picture the biggest water fight that you could ever imagine.

I knew we used a lot of water, but man ... today we got the water bill for the 3 months that included that weekend.  I called the water commission thinking that our metre must be broken.  Then I remembered the power washing.

A $1,000 water bill has me thinking that it will be another 20 years, at least, if ever, before we do that again.

So, my wife and I decided to power wash the whole house on a very nice late summer weekend last September.  It was a lot of fun.  Picture the biggest water fight that you could ever imagine.

I knew we used a lot of water, but man ... today we got the water bill for the 3 months that included that weekend.  I called the water commission thinking that our metre must be broken.  Then I remembered the power washing.

A $1,000 water bill has me thinking that it will be another 20 years, at least, if ever, before we do that again.

$1,000! Holy ! I don't think I've ever had a water bill over $25 in my life. $45 tops if you include when I was living in a duplex that didn't have a septic system so every month there was a $20 sewage fee on top of the water bill.

What is your average bill for 3 months?

$1,000! Holy ######! I don't think I've ever had a water bill over $25 in my life. $45 tops if you include when I was living in a duplex that didn't have a septic system so every month there was a $20 sewage fee on top of the water bill.

What is your average bill for 3 months?

Our average bill is around $200 for 3 months.  The water commission here is the mafia, only worse than the Sicilian version.  And don't get me started on NS Power.

Our average bill is around $200 for 3 months.  The water commission here is the mafia, only worse than the Sicilian version.  And don't get me started on NS Power.

Ouch. That's rough. I thought water bills were only high like that in places like California and Nevada where they'd don't get a lot of rain, scarcity abounds, and there are plenty of rich people who will pay the premium to water their lawns and golf courses.

I would double check with the company. If it's not a mistake, there's a chance Ricky is using water from your meter to grow his hydro-bud, Mr. Lahey.

Ouch. That's rough. I thought water bills were only high like that in places like California and Nevada where they'd don't get a lot of rain, scarcity abounds, and there are plenty of rich people who will pay the premium to water their lawns and golf courses.

I would double check with the company. If it's not a mistake, there's a chance Ricky is using water from your meter to grow his hydro-bud, Mr. Lahey.

:w00t:

Damn, that Ricky!!  Always taking advantage of my hospitality.

:w00t:

Damn, that Ricky!!  Always taking advantage of my hospitality.

Nice. I wasn't sure if you'd catch that since you don't watch the show. All of the seasons, live specials, and movies are on Netflix if you find yourself at home with nothing else to watch. I'd highly recommend watching the first movie called Trailer Park Boys: The Movie first. It's about 90 minutes long and provides a solid background on all the main characters. If you like that I'd move on to the show, which has like 12 seasons now or something like that. So much hilarity, even if you don't get high on Ricky's supply first.