The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I read something awhile back about a "green burial" movement. None of this embalming and burying you in a hermetically sealed box, just do a normal wood or canvas bag and done. There are concerns about all the embalming chemicals getting into the water table.

This is a thing and was normal before humanity came up with the ideas of embalming and coffins and cremation.  Dust we are, and to dust we shall return, and all that.

We're organic organisms.  There's nothing wrong with burying a human body underneath a few feet of soil, just like any other mammal, really.  Or burning it on a pyre.  The danger comes when we let dead animals--human or other--rot in open air.

It's my wife's 54th birthday in a few weeks.  Last night we got all nostalgic.

This was the last song I played on my turntable in late 1979 ...

:bag:

My friend then smashed that record into a zillion pieces and put on this ...

Needless to say, I never looked back.

A few days later that same friend played his UK import of London Calling.  I ran out and got myself a copy.  A collectors item, which I still have.

In the Mighty Taco "jingle," is the Mighty Taco-Mighty Taco-Mighty Taco voice supposed to be Dom Hasek?

Also, why do some Buffalo folks say Las Veggas? Rob also says it. Some sidekick on with Howard and Jeremy said it this morning.

I can answer the first question:  No.  It predates Hasek's time in Buffalo.  I also think the meat they use predates Hasek's time in Buffalo.

Drunk or sober, I love Mighty.

As does my entire family. As for the kids, I am quite sure all of them have always been sober when enjoying their preferred Mighty order.

Please don't disparage Mighty. They wouldn't have as many stores as they do if they were just a drunken eats joint.

As does my entire family. As for the kids, I am quite sure all of them have always been sober when enjoying their preferred Mighty order.

Please don't disparage Mighty. They wouldn't have as many stores as they do if they were just a drunken eats joint.

One of my younger cousins loves Mighty. His birthday was Mighty Taco themed and his christmas presents were about $75 in MT gift cards. 

If you want to talk drunken eats chains in Buffalo, I point you to Jim's Steakout.

Better than Taco Bell? *ducks I mean *squats

Soo another day at JFK, after sitting there for hours, they canceled flights back home, I absolutley have to be at work tomorrow, so here I Sit on the GW bridge on a rainy Friday rush hour eve, after sitting on a plane for 26 hours... I don't know, this may be hell.... At least I Rented a Tiguan (which I like)