The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Yep.  That was fun.

So my son sez:  Dad, the car is shimmying on the freeway if I go over 60.  So we take the car out, me driving, and yeah, I feel it.  So we get back home and check the tires; they're old but there's still some tread on them.  Then I noticed it:  On the inside sidewall of the right tire, a bubble about 2" across, sticking out about an inch.  :blink:

Time for some new tires, son.

Yep.  That was fun.

So my son sez:  Dad, the car is shimmying on the freeway if I go over 60.  So we take the car out, me driving, and yeah, I feel it.  So we get back home and check the tires; they're old but there's still some tread on them.  Then I noticed it:  On the inside sidewall of the right tire, a bubble about 2" across, sticking out about an inch.  :blink:

Time for some new tires, son.

good catch before it blew.  At 60mph.  :o

I never buy clothes unless it is absolutely necessary.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/marketplace/why-donating-your-clothes-isn-t-as-helpful-as-you-think-1.4506512

Shameful!!

But then I couldn't get my tax write-off...(kidding)

Also, so your telling me they can't make skinny jeans in Cape Town.

Go on... :ph34r:

Well, the water was directly from our hose, so it was cold.  Which had it's advantages ...  :flirt:  ... but also disadvantages.  Fortunately, my wife is well versed in patient reversal of the nasty effects of shrinkage ...  :flirt:  ...  :flirt:  ...  :wub:

Is pizza hut the trashiest of pizza establishments?

I usually on chain pizza places. There were so many good local places up in WNY. I still have decent choices down here. You couldn’t catch me dead with a piece of Papa John’s in my mouth.

But I actually like Pizza Hut. We get the $10 dinner box with breadsticks and cinnamon sticks. It’s good for days when you forget to defrost something for dinner.

Honey wagon just left my house. About 1:30 this afternoon while doing laundry I thought I heard water in the basement. Oh boy! Water flying out of the S trap where water treatment back wash runs. Either there’s a clog in the 24” of pipe before the lowest clean out cover or the septic is full. The house was built four years ago and they recommend cleaning every three.

I get pails ready and attempt to open the clean out. Twenty gallons later it’s empty enough to open...standing water in the last leg before tank. ! Literally.

Could have been worse. Could have been twenty gallons of turds alerting me to the problem instead of twenty gallons of washer gray water... I know that math seems wonky but that’s how I’m telling myself it worked out...

I should note that Pizza Paul's in Geneseo is the only place where I've seen people vomit on multiple occasions

Sal's on Main St Buffalo. Every single Thursday, Friday and Saturday at around 4:15am. Always vomit out in front. Sometimes vomit inside.

:huh:

It's definitely not good, but there are several places where you're far more likely to leave needing penicillin.

Go to Fairport Rd. It is a hole. Our fat ass president wouldnt eat there. All my buds worked there 30 years ago and I don't think they've cleaned it since.

Go to Fairport Rd. It is a ###### hole. Our fat ass president wouldnt eat there. All my buds worked there 30 years ago and I don't think they've cleaned it since.

WTF on Fairport Rd is there a Pizza Hut?

There's one on W (E?) Henrietta Rd & that's the only one I've seen in the area.

I moved to Oklahoma and, aside from this cute tiny place on Campus Corner, all of the pizza around is either Dominoes, Pizza Hut, or Papa Johns. They bought us Papa Johns every week for this thing we had to do as first year grad students. 

Despite all the stomach problems I was having, I was still able to eat pizza, it never phased me. And I love it so much. Then two weeks of two slices of Papa Johns each week, and that ###### has ruined pizza for me. It tasted awful and now no matter where I get pizza it ###### me up for days. ###### you Papa Johns, and ###### any food place outside of WNY.

Edited by Randall Flagg