The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I think I may have just narrowly escaped a nice workplace injury.  I was at the bottom floor of the stairwell reaching for the door when it suddenly flew open and some jackass came running through (I think he was a courier).  If I had been about one step further I'm guessing that door probably breaks my arm/wrist/hand.  I wonder what the company would do about that since technically they didn't do anything wrong.

Edited by shrader

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:17 PM, Doohickie said:

I'm the opposite.  If you call me and I don't recognize your number, I likely won't answer (too much spam).  But if you have a legitimate purpose for calling me, leave a message and I'll get back with you.

Same here. I get way too much spam and solicitations for donations so if the number that calls me isn't in my contacts list, I don't answer it. If they actually leave a voicemail, I'll listen to see if it's relevant and call back if it warrants. If they don't leave a voicemail I don't call back.

Last night I noticed there was a praying mantis hanging out on the frame of my front door.  This morning when I left, it was still there.  But this time I realized it was standing directly over an egg sac of some sort.  I know they're great for killing so many pests around the house, but I think I'm going to have to destroy this one.  With that location, there's not going to be any way to keep them out of the house.

Also, after seeing the eggs, it immediately made me think of that mantis' poor mate.  I don't want her giving my wife any ideas.

7 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

There is a couple getting married right outside the door to my office in the rain at this exact moment.  I'm watching the proceedings on the security camera.  I have so many questions. 

Me too.  Are you not supposed to be at work and not watching wedding proceedings?

8 minutes ago, N S said:

Me too.  Are you not supposed to be at work and not watching wedding proceedings?

The only reason I became aware of said proceedings was that I went to leave the office but looked up and the screen and realized I'd have nailed the bride with the door had I opened it.  And it's a windowless, bulletproof steel slab.  I decided to hold off.  

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I just realized there's a The Hockey News' Yearbook edition with Jack on the cover, so I have no idea why the one they sent me has Larkin and Kane.

Because you are in Oklahoma and they have regional covers printed.