The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

4 hours ago, ubkev said:

One of my dogs is so ridiculous. Stubborn dude goes on a hunger strike when he knows the bag of food is nearing it's end because he's such a priss and he wants fresher food. He doesn't even get up for it when I feed them in the morning. He just wants until he's actually starving at dinner time, then he scarfs it down. But when I buy a new bag in about 3 days, he'll barely be able to contain himself. 

Do you give him the food dry, or mix it with any liquid?  We give our dog dry food but frequently mixed with table scraps.  My in-laws insist that dogs like it better mixed with liquid though.

also:  happy birthday Taro!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Do you give him the food dry, or mix it with any liquid?  We give our dog dry food but frequently mixed with table scraps.  My in-laws insist that dogs like it better mixed with liquid though.

also:  happy birthday Taro!

He hates it mixed with wet and they get no table scraps ever. He's just a drama queen. It's alright, I'm trying to get him to lose 3 pounds as it is. He'll be back to normal eating breakfast and dinner on time as soon as I buy a new bag of food. Then he'll stay that way for a month until it's time for a new bag. It's just his routine. 

My other one has food allergies and eats only raw now. That dude will eat anything and everything, no matter how it's given to him.

On 9/13/2018 at 3:43 PM, N S said:

So, I was completely unaware until now that it is the new year for us Muslims.  Happy 1440!!

It is day 3 of the new year today.  New Year is not that big a deal, but on day 9/10 it is a pretty big holiday ... Ashura, in which we commemorate God's delivery of Moses (PBUH) and his people from slavery at the hands of Pharoh.

Does it always coincide with the Jewish New Year or was this just a, umm, coincident coincidence?

My wife got a little hurt at work today. She's fine, but she did go to urgent care for x-rays and a diagnosis. No break, sprained ankle, just like she thought. Anyways, as she's leaving in her brand new air cast, the Dr. asks her if she'd like anything stronger than Tylenol or Advil for the pain, offering to write her an RX for Vicodin.

Seriously? Get f'd with that. First of all, you're the Dr. Last I checked the patient shouldn't be prescribing their own meds. Second: Really? Narcotics for a sprained ankle? Come on man. Ice and elevation, take an aspirin if it hurts and get over it. Passing out pain pills like pez. This is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

My wife got a little hurt at work today. She's fine, but she did go to urgent care for x-rays and a diagnosis. No break, sprained ankle, just like she thought. Anyways, as she's leaving in her brand new air cast, the Dr. asks her if she'd like anything stronger than Tylenol or Advil for the pain, offering to write her an RX for Vicodin.

Seriously? Get f'd with that. First of all, you're the Dr. Last I checked the patient shouldn't be prescribing their own meds. Second: Really? Narcotics for a sprained ankle? Come on man. Ice and elevation, take an aspirin if it hurts and get over it. Passing out pain pills like pez. This is ridiculous.

This stuff has to stop.

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Jesus. Get that Doctor's name and report them to...someone? Who deals with opioid abuse awareness in your area? 

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Hilariously enough, I have a friend who just donated a kidney to someone.  They gave her Tylenol after the surgery...

So I'm in Tokyo, tonight we are going to eat Fugu (poison blowfish) it's quite the experience, both raw sashimi prepared In front of you and grilled at the table, it's one of the most painful ways to die if not prepared right, so wish me luck

Also got to see the sumo wrestling championships and hang out with some sumo guys after! 

20180919_182149.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

This stuff has to stop.

Until they take patient satisfaction scores out of reimbursement, and until most Americans quit being junkies/pussie$ (just a general statement) .... This simply won't stop. I'll leave it at that, but the health care system is F'd..... There's a reason I'm always out of the country and work as little as possible ?

13 hours ago, darksabre said:

It might not be a thing. I'm just spitballing. You gotta figure he's trying to upsell everyone right? That would be problematic.

Well, I did go to that urgent care after I got myself hit by a car in 2011. My shoulder was f'd. The X-ray showed nothing and we didn't do an MRI. They sent me out of there with an RX for naproxen and an RX for hydrocodone after they couldn't find anything physically wrong with me. Thanks, I'll take the jacked up Aleve, and flush that other garbage.(I know, you aren't supposed to flush it now)

Half the pill heads I know have a shady Dr hook-up and get all their pills "legitimately." The rest of them get their pills from the other pill heads.

67, 95, 142, 155. Those are the pill OD death numbers for my county for the past 4 years. And I live in a little county.

Edited by ubkev

33 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Eeeeeeeeeessssshhhh.   

It was actually moving on the plate when It came, the chefs took it from the tank, did their magic and served it, crazy!!!! I guess to be a certified fugu chef, they train for 3 years, and the final test is them preparing a fish and eating it themselves, only a 30% pass rate. 

53 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It was actually moving on the plate when It came, the chefs took it from the tank, did their magic and served it, crazy!!!! I guess to be a certified fugu chef, they train for 3 years, and the final test is them preparing a fish and eating it themselves, only a 30% pass rate. 

If true, That. Is. AWESOME!

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Sounds like a story they tell the tourists.

Look it up man, it's True, it's a very difficult course to become a fugu chef, the tetrotoxin it contains can kill 30 people with just the size of a head of a pin, these chefs don't die if they fail, some do.... Then they only specialize in fugu, it's amazing that it has its own art to it. 

On 9/19/2018 at 7:57 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Until they take patient satisfaction scores out of reimbursement, and until most Americans quit being junkies/pussie$ (just a general statement) .... This simply won't stop. I'll leave it at that, but the health care system is F'd..... There's a reason I'm always out of the country and work as little as possible ?

Patient satisfaction scores?  I don't think I've ever been asked whether I'm satisfied.  Frankly, just perform the surgery and get me out healthy, and that's enough satisfaction for me.

Some doctors won't listen when you tell them that a little pain is ok.  I had an appendectomy a few years ago and was practically begging for Tylenol with codeine instead of Dilaudid.  I can handle a little pain.  The hospital insisted on the Dilaudid.  

45 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Patient satisfaction scores?  I don't think I've ever been asked whether I'm satisfied.  Frankly, just perform the surgery and get me out healthy, and that's enough satisfaction for me.

Some doctors won't listen when you tell them that a little pain is ok.  I had an appendectomy a few years ago and was practically begging for Tylenol with codeine instead of Dilaudid.  I can handle a little pain.  The hospital insisted on the Dilaudid.  

They used to shoot my wife up with Dilaudid for migraines. Awesome! Now I have a dope sick girl nodding in my passenger seat, and I'm praying that the zofran keeps her from yacking green sh#t all over my dashboard! Then I get her home, drag her into the house, lay her in bed and I'll see her the next day, where she'll be completely hungover and miserable. Dilaudid sucks. Heroin makes for poor migraine treatment.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, ubkev said:

They used to shoot my wife up with Dilaudid for migraines. Awesome! Now I have a dope sick girl nodding in my passenger seat, and I'm praying that the zofran keeps her from yacking green sh#t all over my dashboard! Then I get her home, drag her into the house, lay her in bed and I'll see her the next day, where she'll be completely hungover and miserable. Dilaudid sucks. Heroin makes for poor migraine treatment.

I don't know much about migraines or whether Dilaudid should be a first-line treatment for them, so I'll let @Wyldnwoody44 or @Brawndo chime in. But it seems to me that it shouldn't be a first-line pain reliever if the patient doesn't need it!