The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

13 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I always thought Hooper was his best flik.

I'm with you.  Hooper tops them.  Cannonball Run gets a solid 2nd though. And bonus pts. for being written by a dude in Wyoming, NY.

Edited by Weave

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Brock Yates, writer for Car and Driver magazine.  had his own, real life Cannonball run race that was the inspiration for the screenplay.

And even Yates' was an homage to Cannon Ball Baker, who rode cross-country in 14 days on an Indian Motorcycle in 1914.

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Brock Yates, writer for Car and Driver magazine.  had his own, real life Cannonball run race that was the inspiration for the screenplay.

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

And even Yates' was an homage to Cannon Ball Baker, who rode cross-country in 14 days on an Indian Motorcycle in 1914.

Good stuff here boys.  

Mac Miller died today from an overdose at 26 years old. The name probably means nothing to a lot of you but to me he's the artist I grew up with; shaped a lot of who I am today, kinda like Bowie was to some of you I guess, so now I know how you feel. Thought he was turning the corner, getting away from the drugs, but I guess not. This sucks

RIP Mac, you'll be missed

• Like (+1) 1

Had a meeting at my friend's house with the Housing Authority yestreday after Friday Prayers.  The lady from Housing was very nice on the phone and even nicer and kinder in person.

I was watching his house while he was away and had to turn the keys over and do the renter / landlord walk through when a tenancy ends ... I had never done it before (never rented, always owned).  Anyway, it was difficult at first, but was good by the end when the two friends I took with me as witnesses (yup ... I am paranoid, but that does not mean that 'they' are not actually out to get me) really had a chance to remember all the fabulous times we had at that house.

The three of us met there as a direct result of my friend that passed away.  We all visited him, by chance, on the same day several years ago.  So, i signed over the home and contents back to Housing and managed to get the family until October 15th to sort things out.  My official responsibility to my friend for his house is finished.

Some closure.  Now I can focus on mourning my friends passing and other things, like Monday afternoon ... ?

Edited by N S
stuff ...

At Casa de Doohickie this morning, a 12" water main broke.  That's my house in foreground.

Our garage, family room and backyard got pretty drenched.  I guess I know the house can withstand a hurricane now.

We had about 4 inches of standing water in the backyard by the time they got it turned off.

The Russian Revolution had some weird consequences.  Lenin was so hell-bent on imposing his will on the country that he literally commanded the removal of the letter "i" from the Russian alphabet because the sound it represented was too close to that backwards N that they use for I.  But some countries retained the Cyrillic i.  It is interesting to see how totalitarianism works sometimes.

Edited by Eleven

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

The Russian Revolution had some weird consequences.  Lenin was so hell-bent on imposing his will on the country that he literally commanded the removal of the letter "i" from the Russian alphabet because the sound it represented was too close to that backwards N that they use for I.  But some countries retained the Cyrillic i.  It is interesting to see how totalitarianism works sometimes.

Too much riddle for me