The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah if my wife writes a book titled "How to cut off your husband's junk and bang 8000 dudes", I'm probably not staying.

This particular author's other works seem to follow a pattern:  https://www.amazon.com/Nancy-Brophy/e/B004XQN72U/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1536708482&sr=8-2-ent

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Yeah if my wife writes a book titled "How to cut off your husband's junk and bang 8000 dudes", I'm probably not staying.

Is she using the severed junk for that second act (or would that be the 2nd through 8001st act?)?  That seems like it could be an extra slap in the face to you.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

To be fair, "...and get away with it", wasn't in the title. 

I dunno about you, but if I’m buying a book telling me how to kill my husband, there had better be a significant segment dedicated to getting away with it.  

Any idiot can stab a dude... 

Edited by Sabel79

12 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

I dunno about you, but if I’m buying a book telling me how to kill my husband, there had better be a significant segment dedicated to getting away with it.  

Any idiot can stab a dude... 

What if it's one of those "1000 ways to..." kind of deals?  They could be going for style points as opposed to stealth.

• Like (+1) 1

So, I was completely unaware until now that it is the new year for us Muslims.  Happy 1440!!

It is day 3 of the new year today.  New Year is not that big a deal, but on day 9/10 it is a pretty big holiday ... Ashura, in which we commemorate God's delivery of Moses (PBUH) and his people from slavery at the hands of Pharoh.

One of my dogs is so ridiculous. Stubborn dude goes on a hunger strike when he knows the bag of food is nearing it's end because he's such a priss and he wants fresher food. He doesn't even get up for it when I feed them in the morning. He just wants until he's actually starving at dinner time, then he scarfs it down. But when I buy a new bag in about 3 days, he'll barely be able to contain himself. 

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

One of my dogs is so ridiculous. Stubborn dude goes on a hunger strike when he knows the bag of food is nearing it's end because he's such a priss and he wants fresher food. He doesn't even get up for it when I feed them in the morning. He just wants until he's actually starving at dinner time, then he scarfs it down. But when I buy a new bag in about 3 days, he'll barely be able to contain himself. 

Our cat would do that. Then, when given the fresh stuff, he'd gorge on it and then barf it everywhere. Now the little tender tummy'd trundlebutt gets wet food once a day in addition to his ever present crunchies... and he has two litter boxes now, in an apartment which barely fits dark and I...

spoiled rotten. But the snugs and general adorableness are worth it, I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, josie said:

Our cat would do that. Then, when given the fresh stuff, he'd gorge on it and then barf it everywhere. Now the little tender tummy'd trundlebutt gets wet food once a day in addition to his ever present crunchies... and he has two litter boxes now, in an apartment which barely fits dark and I...

This is, every single part of it, an exact description of one of our two cats back home.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, josie said:

This is easily the most insane thing I have acquiesced to in my life with respect to pets. But it seems to make the cat happy so whatever. 

I want to decommission the second litter box but I'm waiting to see if he stops using the one at the bottom of the stairs during the winter when it gets cold. 

Huh.  We just have the one box for our one cat.  I wouldn't want more because the dogs like to snuffle around in the litter and eat the chewy surprises therein.  We keep the litter box in a closet with a small hole cut in the door:  Big enough for the cat but too small for the dogs to get through.  Otherwise we wouldn't be able to stand the dogs' breath.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Huh.  We just have the one box for our one cat.  I wouldn't want more because the dogs like to snuffle around in the litter and eat the chewy surprises therein.  We keep the litter box in a closet with a small hole cut in the door:  Big enough for the cat but too small for the dogs to get through.  Otherwise we wouldn't be able to stand the dogs' breath.

LOL, I thought is was only my dog that did that, what in the world is the attraction there?

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

One box worked fine at our last apartment. But at the current apartment our cat has taken to using the carpet at the bottom of the stairs as his litter box. So we had to put a litter box down there. Now it's the one he uses all the time, but he still occasionally uses the upstairs one. I will never understand.