The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

13 hours ago, WildCard said:

What whiskey do you use for hot apple cider and whiskey? I was going to use Evan Williams

I always used Irish whisky for hot drinks.  One of my favorites when I had a cold was hot water, a squeeze of a lemon wedge, a shot of Bushmill's, and two sugar packets.

17 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I always used Irish whisky for hot drinks.  One of my favorites when I had a cold was hot water, a squeeze of a lemon wedge, a shot of Bushmill's, and two sugar packets.

Substitute honey for the sugar packets and you have my mom's cold remedy that I still use today.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:45 AM, Eleven said:

On 9/29/2018 at 9:33 PM, Weave said:

That's what I would pick.  Mostly because I always have a handle of it hanging around.

Went with Bushmill's and it was a great choice, thanks for the recommendations guys. 

Separately, since when in the hell are cinnamon sticks so expensive? $7 for 6 is absurd

On 9/27/2018 at 8:46 PM, SwampD said:

Whenever I see oregelbundet-oregelbunden, I think of moribund the burgermeister.

I just do.

Is this English?

On 9/30/2018 at 9:45 AM, Eleven said:

I do not require a virus to enjoy this beverage 

10 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Happy Birthday from the class of ‘64

Thank you, good sir.

It has been a good day so far.

God willing, I just smoked my last smoke.  I picked up the habit in High School, sort of, and especially in College.

Quit in 1987 for 20 years when I got engaged to my beloved.

In 2006 we were going through a very stressful time ... my wife was basically held hostage in Sarajevo.  Could not get her out until we hired a thug to smuggle her into Croatia.  I never felt so helpless in all my life, I was here in Halifax and cashed in every favour I had, and finally had to trust a guy who only went by 'Igor'.  

She finally made it home, but I had taken up the habit again.  Never smoked more than 5 smokes a day in these 10, or so, years since.

I really am ready to give it up again.  

Edited by N S
  • Like (+1) 5