The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

I want to fight every person who leaves me a voicemail. Its 2018 folks. I know you called. I got a little red 1 on my phone app, telling me who called and when. If you leave a voicemail to tell me you called, you are an idiot. 

but, if they leave a voicemail, you can decide if it's even worth calling them back

30 minutes ago, inkman said:

I want to fight every person who leaves me a voicemail. Its 2018 folks. I know you called. I got a little red 1 on my phone app, telling me who called and when. If you leave a voicemail to tell me you called, you are an idiot. 

I'm the exact opposite.  I want a voicemail, so long as there is some details on it and not just call me.

• Like (+1) 1

Botox injections, magnesium, imitrex, and if all else fails an IV cocktail of toradol, benadryl, Zofran and solu-medrol with a liter of IV fluid does the trick quite nicely without doping ya up, sometimes I use Phenergan too (in place of Zofran) depending on the patient, no need for the D word (that's what we call it) 

It all started when the govt made the pain scale part of the vitals, anything more than a 3 pain had to be treated, there is no recovering from that even though they're trying now. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

If you don’t leave me a voicemail there is a good chance I’m not calling you back.  I am probably assuming your call wasn’t terribly important if you don’t leave a message. Email serves the same function, but if you’re aleady on the phone anyway....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Botox injections, magnesium, imitrex, and if all else fails an IV cocktail of toradol, benadryl, Zofran and solu-medrol with a liter of IV fluid does the trick quite nicely without doping ya up, sometimes I use Phenergan too (in place of Zofran) depending on the patient, no need for the D word (that's what we call it) 

It all started when the govt made the pain scale part of the vitals, anything more than a 3 pain had to be treated, there is no recovering from that even though they're trying now. 

They gave me haldol for nausea after a surgery. It did nothing, and all I could do was associate it with my schizophrenic grandmother. Zofran was the only thing that kept me from painting my dad's car. Oxy makes me so nauseated- it's my last ditch resort if I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere with a migraine or kidney stone and need to make it to a doctor/home. They offered me dilaudid for my kidney stone. It shifted right after I got checked in and before they traiged me and the pain lessened from a 10 to a 5, so I turned it down once they got me to a bed. They were SO much nicer to me when I turned down the drug- guess they assumed I was drug seeking. 

I'm terrified of any of that stuff. Never have used more than a couple out of the giant bottles prescribed. Seen it ruin far too many lives around me. I always say I prefer the pain, but man, sometimes that pain is REAL. 

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

If you don’t leave me a voicemail there is a good chance I’m not calling you back.  I am probably assuming your call wasn’t terribly important if you don’t leave a message. Email serves the same function, but if you’re aleady on the phone anyway....

I assume a call with no Voicemail was spam and never follow up. Text me if it's quick, email me if it's detailed, voicemail me if you're a doctor's office. You want to commission me? Message me or email me because I'm not messing with it otherwise. 

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

They used to shoot my wife up with Dilaudid for migraines. Awesome! Now I have a dope sick girl nodding in my passenger seat, and I'm praying that the zofran keeps her from yacking green sh#t all over my dashboard! Then I get her home, drag her into the house, lay her in bed and I'll see her the next day, where she'll be completely hungover and miserable. Dilaudid sucks. Heroin makes for poor migraine treatment.

I had a sudden perianal abscess on Labor Day that landed me in the ER. I’m a pretty rugged SOB but that was hands down the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. They gave me Dilaudid until they did the surgery. I was glad they did. The nodding off was a huge relief. I normally refuse the opioids but that pain in my ass was unbearable. I still don’t understand why anyone would do that stuff recreationally though. Nothing fun about nodding off.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Email is for details.  If you have access to my email, which almost everyone who leaves me voicemail does, then send it in the email. 

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Millennial.

Millennials don't use email.  They use kik and grindr and stuff.

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Benadryl is the best! When my wife gets a migraine bad enough to go to the hospital now it's the cherry on top of her non-narcotic Sunday. Her new doc figured out a nice combo of I forget what, but it works inside of 45 minutes and she feels a million times better. A migraine used to cost her a day and a half, now it costs her an hour and a half. 

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I've never met you, so I believe you to be a bot. You don't actually exist outside of the internuts.

Hahaha, I have worked very hard in life to get to the point where I am. I want to experience the world, I work to live, not live to work, I've never wanted kids and commitment scares the living crap out me. I get many akward responses to my globetrotting, this one was hilarious ?

Come to the SS meetup!!! 

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Hahaha, I have worked very hard in life to get to the point where I am. I want to experience the world, I work to live, not live to work, I've never wanted kids and commitment scares the living crap out me. I get many akward responses to my globetrotting, this one was hilarious ?

Come to the SS meetup!!! 

Amen!

…ya dirty hippie.?

I was in town for the last one and just couldn't make it. Trying to get to the next one.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Amen!

…ya dirty hippie.?

I was in town for the last one and just couldn't make it. Trying to get to the next one.

Dude!!! This year, do it!! If i can help then let me know ?

Also, I bought a house on a road called Woodstock, that does make me a dirty hippie ?

8 hours ago, Weave said:

Except it takes me 0.1 second to access, read and respond to an email. It takes longer to just dial my voicemail, let alone listen to it, delete it and decide what to do with it.

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Except it takes me 0.1 second to access, read and respond to an email. It takes longer to just dial my voicemail, let alone listen to it, delete it and decide what to do with it.

You gotta get voicemail to text. My phone gives me a transcript of the voicemail so I don't even have to listen to it. 

8 hours ago, Weave said:

I generally dont want anyone to call me ever, let alone call me back