Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

I know Wildcard that you seem to be heavily invested in an anti Bylsma campaign but in the long run it may be best to let the Murray/Bylsma stay put awhile longer. This way if change is made it maybe new GM and that would also mean new coach. That way we sort out who has the most responsibility if things don't improve. If we are not making it player wise then we need more than a new coach. That means New GM which would mean coach change as well.

I like it, although Russ' nickname needs work.

Russ "ticket booth" Brandon

The snake oil salesman

Marketer in Chief

Russ "Con Artist" Brandon

or just plain old F*** face

I think it was DeLuca who referred to him as the refrigerator schedule magnet designer.

I'm going to start a New Owner thread at this point

I keep hearing about Terry and the Bills trying out quarterbacks. I can't stop chuckling. In my Sabres worldview, I guess it's the best place for him to be. But i can't help but shake my head. What does he think he's looking at? Balls the size of canned hams. Maybe that's how you end up with 5 billion dollars.

I think it was DeLuca who referred to him as the refrigerator schedule magnet designer.

I keep hearing about Terry and the Bills trying out quarterbacks. I can't stop chuckling. In my Sabres worldview, I guess it's the best place for him to be. But i can't help but shake my head. What does he think he's looking at? Balls the size of canned hams. Maybe that's how you end up with 5 billion dollars.

Congrats on post 2000. I think this one runs out of steam at 5900 posts.

I've been thinking about Byslma's system. It seems like it'd be pretty easy to defend playing a 1-3-1 defense. Two Sabres D are in the zone around the dots and the three forwards are up in the neutral zone. The defending team can send one forechecker in, play man on man in the neutral zone or line up 3 on the blue line, and have one D back to pick up the chipped in puck. The Sabre forwards generally aren't hitting the line with speed, so the back D can fetch the puck and make a relatively easy pass to get out of the zone.

Am I missing something? Randall, can you put together a dozen pics to show I'm right? :)

Edited by MattPie

2080 posts. Tomorrow morning.

Stop giving me hope dammit!

will it rise to the level of the Stafford thread is the question... can it be that epic?

Not sure, I wasn't part of the board for that one I think. The two best threads I've ever seen here were the O'Reilly debate and the Stamkos debate

Congrats on post 2000. I think this one runs out of steam at 5900 posts.

I've been thinking about Byslma's system. It seems like it'd be pretty easy to defend playing a 1-3-1 defense. Two Sabres D are in the zone around the dots and the three forwards are up in the neutral zone. The defending team can send one forechecker in, play man on man in the neutral zone or line up 3 on the blue line, and have one D back to pick up the chipped in puck. The Sabre forwards generally aren't hitting the line with speed, so the back D can fetch the puck and make a relatively easy pass to get out of the zone.

Am I missing something? Randall, can you put together a dozen pics to show I'm right? :)

By far my most popular thread I've ever started on any message board...this just seems to have a life of its own, lol

Well, if Bylsma isn't gone tomorrow bring in Lombardi & let him pick the next coach. (Preferrably one not named Sutter.)

I dunno..Lombardi kept allowing the Kings to get older by bringing in veterans even when it was clear to everyone else that team needed to get younger...

He basically allowed them to "fade to black" by not bringing in younger talent...the older vets just kept aging until they could no longer maintain...

By far my most popular thread I've ever started on any message board...this just seems to have a life of its own, lol

I dunno..Lombardi kept allowing the Kings to get older by bringing in veterans even when it was clear to everyone else that team needed to get younger...

He basically allowed them to "fade to black" by not bringing in younger talent...the older vets just kept aging until they could no longer maintain...

He also got them 2 championships. The most recent only 3 years ago. The Sabres core is much younger than what was there in LA. I'd risk the team aging past their championships after they've won the championships. Edited by Taro T

Isn't Pegula supposed to speak with Murray on this season? Well right now he's out looking at QBs. Anyone else think if he was going to make as big a call so firing Byslma, he'd at least be here for it?

Not necessarily - he fired Wrex via telephone.