Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

What time is this press conference?

2 I believe.

As much flak as Bucky, Mike and Jerry take, you know you want them to tear into Murray on Bylsma. Today, for a few minutes, an unholy alliance forms.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

But they're not going to. At least Harrington has made it clear he didn't think Bylsma should be fired.

As much flak as Bucky, Mike and Jerry take, you know you want them to tear into Murray on Bylsma. Today, for a few minutes, an unholy alliance forms.

We both know none of them are going to ask any questions of value. These guys have no idea how to construct a good question. They'll ask him if he's disappointed and how many words he's going to say at the draft, have a chuckle, and we'll just be sitting here shaking our heads at another missed opportunity. Edited by d4rksabre

We both know none of them are going to ask any questions of value. These guys have no idea how to construct a good question. They'll ask him if he's disappointed and how many words he's going to say at the draft, have a chuckle, and we'll just be sitting here shaking our heads at another missed opportunity.

2018 should be fun at least

We both know none of them are going to ask any questions of value. These guys have no idea how to construct a good question. They'll ask him if he's disappointed and how many words he's going to say at the draft, have a chuckle, and we'll just be sitting here shaking our heads at another missed opportunity.

I'm sure they're going to waste at least one question each about why Terry isn't there.

I expect a very defensive and defiant Murray. I hope instead we get a very upset at his team and coach Murray. I want to hear him say it is unacceptable how this season played out and they tell us what he will do to remedy that problem. If he talks about our injuries he can bite me. 

Also what is the deal with Antipin?

WGR550  4m4 minutes ago

Hradek - there are still some rumors that there could be some changes coming with the #Sabres at head coach

@WGR550  4m4 minutes ago

Hradek - they have to hope that the young players can keep stepping up for them and that they can stay healthy #Sabres'

@WGR550  3m3 minutes ago

Hradek - the rumors on Bylsma are nothing really new, same as a couple of months ago, but both him and GMTM are competitive guys #Sabres

@WGR550  2m2 minutes ago

Hradek - Bylsma is under contract for a few more years, if they want to make any changes it will come at a cost #Sabres

MIke does. Remember it was Mike who asked Tom Golisano in 2011 what responsibility he bore for the team's decline, and Tom got defensive (I did that? What about the players and coaches?) before admitting that the only direction he gave to Larry and Darcy was to break even.

MIke does. Remember it was Mike who asked Tom Golisano in 2011 what responsibility he bore for the team's decline, and Tom got defensive (I did that? What about the players and coaches?) before admitting that the only direction he gave to Larry and Darcy was to break even.

Even if we disagree on Mike's qualities as a reporter, he's staunchly in Bylsma's corner. He may ask Murray some tough roster questions, but if you're looking for Bylsma-related grilling, it's not gonna come from Harrington.

But the point is well taken. I will fall out of my chair if anyone point blank asks him what authority he has to fire the coach and what role Terry plays in the process (would ask more pointedly than that even).

Even if we disagree on Mike's qualities as a reporter, he's staunchly in Bylsma's corner. He may ask Murray some tough roster questions, but if you're looking for Bylsma-related grilling, it's not gonna come from Harrington.

We shalll see!

Nothing puts the media on your side more than frankness and a good quote.

That - plus the fact that the previous two seasons he achieved his goals - is why Murray has had a relatively easy ride.

Like Liger the White, I am hoping that Murray makes a defiant, rather than defensive, statement:

* acknowledgement of what he did wrong

* a plan for getting better and commitment to make implement it

* a callout to the players to grow up, buy in and be better.

That - plus the fact that the previous two seasons he achieved his goals - is why Murray has had a relatively easy ride.

Like Liger the White, I am hoping that Murray makes a defiant, rather than defensive, statement:

Déjà vu.

Anything less than what you outline isn't acceptable. It isn't good enough. 

WGR550  4m4 minutes ago
 Hradek - there are still some rumors that there could be some changes coming with the #Sabres at head coach

@WGR550  4m4 minutes ago
Hradek - they have to hope that the young players can keep stepping up for them and that they can stay healthy #Sabres'

@WGR550  3m3 minutes ago
 Hradek - the rumors on Bylsma are nothing really new, same as a couple of months ago, but both him and GMTM are competitive guys #Sabres

@WGR550  2m2 minutes ago
Hradek - Bylsma is under contract for a few more years, if they want to make any changes it will come at a cost #Sabres

Slim glimmer of hope?

Eh :(

My hope tank is empty.

:cry: 

I'm seriously considering not buying tickets next year.  I'm spending way too much money on this team.  Watching T.O. do what they're doing.  Having an obvious problem here not being addressed.  Maybe I'll have the hope back come September but this is worse than tank years......