GDT: Minnesota @ Buffalo, 7:00 PM ET, 10-27-2016

WildCard

"There's zero life on that bench right now.  Everybody just looking off into the distance."

-Rob Ray

Direct reflection on the coach. Look at DD behind the bench. There is no life in him, either. 

But on the bright side, we have just as many points after 6 games as we did last season. And that's without and Eichel or Kane to put offensive pressure on teams. 

I'd shake things up. Send Fasching and Grant down. Strip Gionta of the C and give it O'Reilly. Trade Girgensons or Ennis. Oh and fire Bylsma.

I like you.

And seriously, I expect something. A statement, a firing, a trade, something. This game has the feel of a game that makes something like that happen. Even just a closed-door, players-only meeting. 

Something to acknowledge that what is happening right now is up.

Direct reflection on the coach. Look at DD behind the bench. There is no life in him, either. 

But on the bright side, we have just as many points after 6 games as we did last season. And that's without and Eichel or Kane to put offensive pressure on teams. 

after starting 2-6 last year, they pulled it up to 8-8. I want it to happen. Schedule gets tougher starting basically now. I can't say I expect it to happen.

We're quickly approaching a start that is too much to come back from. They've won 1 of their first 6. If that gets to 1 of 8 or 9, or 2 of 10, or 3 of 13, this team won't be coming back this season. Need to string wins together, starting yesterday. Stretches of 7/10 points.

So we are busting the outcome of this season again in the first half of it?

I am just dissappointed, because we should be much better, but the playing style is so unspiring, especially if you loose.

I do not want another tank, I want a team which plays attractive hockey and wins games.

Detroit somehow wins games, although they should be worse.

Psychiatrist in Chicago with Suzanne Plechette?

Nice!

I think Ray was kinda throwing DD under the bus at the end when he said "this team has no life, hanging their heads on the bench". Just like their lifeless coach.

It is if you're the Sabres, lol.

Equally nice! (replying to comment that the KBC is not a tough place to play)

I think we are the worst team in the league. Or, if not, right there in the bottom 3.

2017 is not much of a draft crop, or so I heard.

I wonder if GM TM is ready to talk about suffering now.

And for those thinking Tim might have to go: Who would hire the successor?

Terry drunk-texted Patty last night. "u wnna gitta byte?"

It's going to get very ugly very soon because, unlike in those years, the fans believed in something this year and are going to become angry and disinterested as opposed to merely disinterested.

I don't think fans were disinterested at all during the tank. The concept of the tank was the selling point. Think about the passion and back and forth relating to those final games. Who should you root for? This season risks true disinterest. It's "you wanna be the worst? be careful what you wish for" time.

Edited by PASabreFan

I don't think fans were disinterested at all during the tank. The concept of the tank was the selling point. Think about the passion and back and forth relating to those final games. Who should you root for? This season risks true disinterest. It's "you wanna be the worst? be careful what you wish for" time.

They got roundly booed during one of their power plays last night.  The fans have lost their patience; it's time to act, to improve.

I'm personally willing to hang in there with them a bit longer, at least until Jack returns.  My fear is that with the injury he has, he won't be the same Jack, at least not right away, and this season will turn into another one lost.

Still..... even if it takes several years, I think Jack and Sam are the core that will bring a Cup to Buffalo.  Stevie Y played 14 years before he earned his first Cup.  I lived in Detroit for the last 6 years of that frustration (which finally culminated in the Cup win of '97).  The fans wanted a winner and they were HARD on the Wings when they didn't produce.  It was ugly at times, even when the Wings were playing some great hockey.

I hope it doesn't take that long for Jack, but I can see going as long as 4 or 5 years before the Sabres are at all competitive in the playoffs, and it could take another few years before they win the Cup.  In the grand scheme of things, losing Jack for a month or two is meaningless.  It doesn't mean the Sabres suck, but it has exposed where they need help.  Pegula said he wanted to model his ownership on the Wings model; hopefully he emulates the path of steady improvement that will ultimately bring us a Cup.

They got roundly booed during one of their power plays last night.  The fans have lost their patience; it's time to act, to improve.

I'm personally willing to hang in there with them a bit longer, at least until Jack returns.  My fear is that with the injury he has, he won't be the same Jack, at least not right away, and this season will turn into another one lost.

Still..... even if it takes several years, I think Jack and Sam are the core that will bring a Cup to Buffalo.  Stevie Y played 14 years before he earned his first Cup.  I lived in Detroit for the last 6 years of that frustration (which finally culminated in the Cup win of '97).  The fans wanted a winner and they were HARD on the Wings when they didn't produce.  It was ugly at times, even when the Wings were playing some great hockey.

I hope it doesn't take that long for Jack, but I can see going as long as 4 or 5 years before the Sabres are at all competitive in the playoffs, and it could take another few years before they win the Cup.  In the grand scheme of things, losing Jack for a month or two is meaningless.  It doesn't mean the Sabres suck, but it has exposed where they need help.  Pegula said he wanted to model his ownership on the Wings model; hopefully he emulates the path of steady improvement that will ultimately bring us a Cup.

Yes Sabres need another goalie... Franson needs a graceful burial, hoping Borhen is called seems physical and Gorges needs to be demoted to 3rd pair and finally Sabres need to get find replacements for Gionta and Moulson which is going to take time... frustrating.

Yes Sabres need another goalie... Franson needs a graceful burial, hoping Borhen is called seems physical and Gorges needs to be demoted to 3rd pair and finally Sabres need to get find replacements for Gionta and Moulson which is going to take time... frustrating.

Borgen?  He is in College and isn't even signed.  Not an option at this point.

This is listless.

Ron ralston could do a better job with this group!

Listless group

I can't even sell my Toronto tickets for face.....this market is worse than the tank

Sitting there last night in what felt like a morgue, all night long I was thinking what a listless team this is. My god it seems like we have clueless Ron Rolston behind the bench.

Re Toronto, it's so bad here right now that even Leaf fans don't want to come and see Mathews on the cheap. I don't think I've ever seen Leaf fans stay away. 

I felt bad for the one guy in a corner upper 300's who started the lone chant of the night that I recall.

Let's Go Buffalo

Let's Go buffalo

Let's Go Buffalo

Minny scored after the fifth or sixth one and the tone was set. We won't cheer. :(

I hope GMTM has had enough. ROR is talking about how he thought we were past this. (should be) It's so bad already that Okposo looked like he had a Staff infection last night. And he's fresh meat.

This is bad.GMTM needs to make an appearance in the locker room and start breaking . Maybe take one of Bogo's sticks and break it against the wall while screaming WTF it's not like you know how to use this anyway!!!!

$40 Club seats on Stubhub setting the market! me. Who needs tickets? Who needs tickets?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.