GDT: Minnesota @ Buffalo, 7:00 PM ET, 10-27-2016

WildCard

Yawn ! Just woke up. What I miss ? 

Its been a long time since I fell asleep during a Sabres game. Can't remember sleeping through the tank years. I always looked forward to coming out the other side of the tank and enjoying the building years but this is much less than enjoyable. This team is just bad. Enough of the injury excuses. We play a boring style. We rarely get sustained pressure in the offensive zone. We literally throw it at the net hoping something will happen and often shoot it wide. Okposo is I think the only player that drives to the net. I'm just really disappointed in this team right now top to bottom. That includes GMTM and the coaches. Get your chit together guys. You are falling behind. Do it for Eich and Kaner.

He's about 3 microseconds away from throwing Bylsma under the bus.

I think Ray was kinda throwing DD under the bus at the end when he said "this team has no life, hanging their heads on the bench". Just like their lifeless coach.

Not a tough place to play in.

It is if you're the Sabres, lol.

Two part question.  How long before changes are made and what will those changes be?

I'm REALLY disappointed in the veterans on this team.  Yakking up leads and giving awful performances at home.  Where the hell is the leadership?

Well, one problem is that the leadership is nominally Gionta but in reality is O'Reilly.  Put the C on the right guy.

Edited by Eleven

Serious question:

Are we the worst team in the NHL?

If not, who is worse?

Can't say for sure since I don't watch other teams.  But being out-everythinged on home ice like we were after the debacle in Philly, I'll say we're looking up at just about everyone else.  And it ain't just Jack and Evander.

Edited by Tondas

I think we are the worst team in the league. Or, if not, right there in the bottom 3.

2017 is not much of a draft crop, or so I heard.

I wonder if GM TM is ready to talk about suffering now.

And for those thinking Tim might have to go: Who would hire the successor?

The roster needs to be shocked into doing something, they look listless. Reinhart looked better tonight and Risto looked very good. ROR is ran into the ground, Okposo had his moments. 

Demote Grant and sit Deslauries & Franson

Franson looks like a WWI tank, good fire power but with embarrassing defensive ability, slow as molasses, and his turning is only slightly better than that of a rotating artillery cannon.

Can someone please tell Bogosian to play like he did near the end of last year?

Can Eichel's scooter be taken on the ice? He'd probably still have a better shot than most of them. 

Deslauries reminds me a lot of a larger Kaleta without quite the same amount of sheer reckless abandon. At least Kaleta had reasons why his scoring went down since he broke his hands more than a handful of times.

GMTM do something, don't be a Regier and sit on your hands as the team burns, find waiver players, find Alex Tanguay, and don't you dare trade our 1st 

LIve Footage of Franson:

Edited by thewookie1

I think we are the worst team in the league. Or, if not, right there in the bottom 3.

For you and Freeman: one Russ Brandon special coming right up! :nana:

If a BS patch on your jersey is what's holding someone back then they shouldn't have the BS patch in the first place.

Not the point. No one is being "held back"; ROR had 6 points in 5 games going into tonight (so now it's 6 in 6).  If the coach wants someone who is barely younger than me to be the leader of the team, that's a problem.  I'd bet that if the team voted, as it should, Gionta isn't the guy "leading" them.

Edited by Eleven

Bob McKenzie, who used the word "generational" to describe McDavid, and the description "possibly generational" to describe Matthews and Eichel, called the projected number 1 pick this season a "prototypical NHL 2nd line center".

Think Nuge. 

We don't win lotteries anyway.

Also, 04-09 saw Stamkos/Hedman/Doughty/Tavares/Toews/Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin at the top of the draft. Then a stretch of Nuge/Hall/Seguin/Yakupov/Galchenyuk. Then a stretch of MacKinnon/McDavid/Ekblad/Eichel/Matthews. I think we're heading into another lull.

Bob McKenzie, who used the word "generational" to describe McDavid, and the description "possibly generational" to describe Matthews and Eichel, called the projected number 1 pick this season a "prototypical NHL 2nd line center".

Think Nuge.

We don't win lotteries anyway.

Also, 04-09 saw Stamkos/Hedman/Doughty/Tavares/Toews/Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin at the top of the draft. Then a stretch of Nuge/Hall/Seguin/Yakupov/Galchenyuk. Then a stretch of MacKinnon/McDavid/Ekblad/Eichel/Matthews. I think we're heading into another lull.

Is Nolan Patrick named after Owen Nolan?

Sport is supposed to be entertaining.

This was not entertaining.

I was much more entertained by the apple crisp with cinnamon ice cream from the sports bar. (Thirsty Buffalo, a/k/a the old Jimmy Mac's on Elmwood, for those who are curious. Wings are damned near close to as good as Gabriel's Gate, too.) EDIT: Also, I'm glad my trainer doesn't know my username here, if he even knows what SabreSpace is.

Liger, please spare me the "are you not entertained" youtube thing.

I was not entertained.

I was barely curious as the third got started.

This is a sad, sad state of affairs.

I haven't the heart :(

Offense gets little if any support from the defense;  There's ~$9.4 million in salary this year for that idiot Gorges and Zach Bogosian;  NEITHER have scored a single point in 6 games!  That should be unacceptable!  Somebody on the coaching staff ought to be going up one side of them and down the other side!  Make em sit on orange crates instead of that cushy locker room;    they're acting like bottom shelf so guess what?  Coach should treat em like that - and start hammering them with bench fines for non-performance!  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.