GDT: Minnesota @ Buffalo, 7:00 PM ET, 10-27-2016

WildCard

FWIW I haven't had a huge problem with Bogosian or any particular defenseman this season. They showed emotion and were playing hard last night. None of them are mailing it in.

Agreed, at least 2 of those goals are on Nilsson.    If you only give up 2 goals at home, you should win most nights.   Dubnyk is red hot right now with back to back shutouts.

Only caught the third.  Here is an observation.  When the team was clicking last year, the first instinct was pass.  No stick handling just get it move it and get in positions to get it back and shoot.  So far this year I noticed a lot of holding the puck take a stride and then look for a pass.  That split second allows any defense to collapse and cut off passing lanes.  

Some of that is that teams do not fear our speed with Jack and Kane out (though Afinigennis did back up the d a few times).  And we are slow.  But some of that is also a bit of confidence or lack thereof.  I think a few bounces the right way and the flow we are craving can eek back in.  This is a test of the resolve of all players not named Eichel and Kane.  I suspect TM is taking notes but he needs enough of a sample size to be relatively certain of any moves he wants to make.  

Only caught the third.  Here is an observation.  When the team was clicking last year, the first instinct was pass.  No stick handling just get it move it and get in positions to get it back and shoot.  So far this year I noticed a lot of holding the puck take a stride and then look for a pass.  That split second allows any defense to collapse and cut off passing lanes.  

Some of that is that teams do not fear our speed with Jack and Kane out (though Afinigennis did back up the d a few times).  And we are slow.  But some of that is also a bit of confidence or lack thereof.  I think a few bounces the right way and the flow we are craving can eek back in.  This is a test of the resolve of all players not named Eichel and Kane.  I suspect TM is taking notes but he needs enough of a sample size to be relatively certain of any moves he wants to make.  

As I mentioned in the "the System" thread, I think this has more to do with there is no options to pass the puck to. The breakout strategy is such that once we get the puck to the forwards they don't appear to have any choices for passes to teammates, which allows the opponent to pressure and force the chip/dump to nobody. We spend the majority of the time attempting to retrieve the puck back as a result of this (IMO) poor strategy.

As I mentioned in the "the System" thread, I think this has more to do with there is no options to pass the puck to. The breakout strategy is such that once we get the puck to the forwards they don't appear to have any choices for passes to teammates, which allows the opponent to pressure and force the chip/dump to nobody. We spend the majority of the time attempting to retrieve the puck back as a result of this (IMO) poor strategy.

But some of it is on the players and their inability to get open.  Sometimes it comes down to winning a one on one.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.