Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Netflix: The Toys That Made Us. Very cool ...

I think I saw that there were new episodes up. I love that series.

The second season was a bit of a letdown, IMHO.  I highly doubt they'll ever be able to top the Barbie episode, in all honesty.  I had no idea that whole story was so bananas.  

The second season was a bit of a letdown, IMHO. I highly doubt they'll ever be able to top the Barbie episode, in all honesty. I had no idea that whole story was so bananas.

Just watched Barbie .... “it’s as if we created a handbook for becoming anorexic ...”

Pop culture, viewed through the lens of history.

Edited by Neo

Can’t wait for LEGOS. I STILL build LEGO architecture! OK, TMI.

I'm an adult who has many Legos. They're all in a box in storage right now because our apartment is too small to display them. I also have a bunch of old metal toy trucks that were already pretty vintage when I was playing with them as a kid. Toys are good!

Hereditary was an experience. It was rather unsettling for its first 30-45 minutes or so, and while I love the genre, I’m usually not one to be easily impacted by horror movies. It wasn’t so much scary as, at times, deeply troubling. Towards the second half of the movie, while still quite good, it started to shift to slightly more conventional proceedings. Overall, a rare Horror movie that truly gets under your skin and presents a few topics or questions you may not be used to being asked, as a viewer.

The opening sequence was spine-tingling.

Loved it.

Saw a preview pop-up yesterday. Should I start?

Definitely slower than some of the other ones of it's type, but worth a watch; only one I've seen so far where you genuinely don't know if the guy is guilty or not until over 1/2 way in

season 2 has not been as good as season 1 imo, but it is still very good

Where are we at on this now? Because I think the best episodes of 2 have been better than the best of 1, but 1 felt more  seemless overall as we were watching it. The Riddle of the Sphinx and Kiksuya from this season have both been phenominal though. From the previews I kind of thought Kiksuya was going to be a filler episode; it was anything but.

Edited by sabills

Where are we at on this now? Because I think the best episodes of 2 have been better than the best of 1, but 1 felt more seemless overall as we were watching it. The Riddle of the Sphinx and Kiksuya from this season have both been phenominal though. From the previews I kind of thought Kiksuya was going to be a filler episode; it was anything but.

I haven't been as enamored with season 2 but I think that's because it's hard to top all of the mystery of season 1. It's good, just completely different.

Where are we at on this now? Because I think the best episodes of 2 have been better than the best of 1, but 1 felt more seemless overall as we were watching it. The Riddle of the Sphinx and Kiksuya from this season have both been phenominal though. From the previews I kind of thought Kiksuya was going to be a filler episode; it was anything but.

recency biases being what it is. I think kiksuya is the best episode of both seasons. I still think season 1 was better overall.

Season 2 so far has been less impressive with the mains and better with the new and secondary characters

I haven't been as enamored with season 2 but I think that's because it's hard to top all of the mystery of season 1. It's good, just completely different.

Agreed. I'm actually ok with them straying from the mystery a bit. Don't want to be like Lost and be all questions with no answers. But you're right that that intrigue is what made season 1 great.

recency biases being what it is. I think kiksuya is the best episode of both seasons. I still think season 1 was better overall.

Season 2 so far has been less impressive with the mains and better with the new and secondary characters

I like that they're adding/filling out characters and they don't feel like filler. Who would have thought that Sizemore would have been, like, interesting at all at the end of last season?

Also, I started watching GLOW at midnight last night and accidentally watched 3/4 of the season. Oops. Its so good.

Also, I started watching GLOW at midnight last night and accidentally watched 3/4 of the season. Oops. Its so good.

I had that with Stranger Things recently.  I had been meaning to watch it for a while but finally found the free time.  I watched one episode on a friday and then finishes the rest of season 1 on saturday.  By wednesday, I was through the second season.  It helps that they have a few less episodes per season than most netflix shows, but I've never gone through one that quickly.

I had that with Stranger Things recently.  I had been meaning to watch it for a while but finally found the free time.  I watched one episode on a friday and then finishes the rest of season 1 on saturday.  By wednesday, I was through the second season.  It helps that they have a few less episodes per season than most netflix shows, but I've never gone through one that quickly.

Yup. I was looking for a quick show to watch after playing some vidja games for a while and that popped up on my Netflix as a preview. "I've been meaning to watch this, and they're only half hour episodes, I'll watch one and go to bed."

*Spongebob Jacques Cousteau voice* "3 hours later..."

Agreed. I'm actually ok with them straying from the mystery a bit. Don't want to be like Lost and be all questions with no answers. But you're right that that intrigue is what made season 1 great.

I like that they're adding/filling out characters and they don't feel like filler. Who would have thought that Sizemore would have been, like, interesting at all at the end of last season?

GLOW is so much fun. New season soon I think?

Just watched Kiksuya. Definitely the best episode of season 2. It's one of those episodes that reveals a bunch of things that you'll want to go back and look for clues in season 1.