Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

14 hours ago, Hoss said:

What’s kind of eerie about this is that you may remember that they were in all white because of the white sheets placed over the bodies at the scene. You can find the video their leader made online pretty easily. Not to bring it back up but the Museum of Death in Hollywood has a ln exhibit setup for this one. There’s a bunk bed with a dummy dressed the way they were and the video playing on loop. I can’t imagine being the one to close that place up at night.

He’s really good in The Jacket. Also, he looks like white Snoop Dogg.

6 hours ago, Alkoholist said:

His best role was Flirty Harry in Inappropriate comedy. Hilarious stuff. His bits were nothing more than a bunch of sex puns, but I appreciate it when respected actors take part in movies like that.

Thanks for that. I'm going to have to watch those, never seen them. I really appreciate great acting. 

21 hours ago, N S said:

Hey Bun,

How close are the fires to you?

We have a friend out in Nanaimo who, as of last night, was on the edge of the evacuation 'stand by' zone.  The fire is (was) only 6 km from her.  That's nothing.  There is some 4 lane highway between hr and the fire, but fires have been known to 'jump' that far.

Stay safe.

I live right downtown in the old city quarter so I am safe. Not sure the distance in kms maybe 30-35 or so away and its been moving the other direction. We wake up to the smell of smoke every morning. Last night I was watering the wifes gardens and I virtually soaked down the entire property its been so tinder dry here. All these fires have been human caused so the proximity of the side walk out front of the house scares me a little what with the buttheads throwing their cigarettes everywhere. People are strange. Still seeing xxxxxxxx throw their butts out of the window on the highway. We've had one support worker for the firefighters die already.

Edited by bunomatic

On 8/9/2018 at 2:42 AM, JJFIVEOH said:

Adrien Brody just might be one of the top 3 best actors I have ever seen. He is a New Yorker who has played a punk rocker, a Polish Jew and an Italian. I'm sorry, guys like Tom Hanks and Leo Decraprio can't pull that off. 

I've always been a big Brody fan. The Pianist might be one of my favorite films. Had a huge crush on him back in high school.

Speaking of people who have surprising range, I posit good ol' pretty boy Ryan Gosling. I'm not really a Notebook kinda girl, but if you haven't, The Believer is worth a watch. About a neo-Nazi who happens to be born Jewish. Been a long time since I've seen it, but he's surprisingly good at dark roles (Drive, gangster-y movies) and not just mindless fluff. 

Here, have an olde internety stupidity bout our boy Brody

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, josie said:

Speaking of people who have surprising range, I posit good ol' pretty boy Ryan Gosling. I'm not really a Notebook kinda girl, but if you haven't, The Believer is worth a watch. About a neo-Nazi who happens to be born Jewish. Been a long time since I've seen it, but he's surprisingly good at dark roles (Drive, gangster-y movies) and not just mindless fluff. 

I think Gosling is one of his generation’s best actors. The Place Beyond the Pines deserved more fanfare and he was very good in that. Drive is undoubtably good. Murder by Numbers is a movie I saw when I was much younger that I rewatched recently (had no idea he was in it) that he’s good in.

I know Jared Leto gets a lot of hate, but he is an incredible talent (as an actor and musician). As the stereotypical liberal I’ve never understand the hate for him, I know a lot of it came from how bad his Joker was and the antics on the set (that were later revealed to be completely fabricated by the production crew to hype the film). Is there something I’m missing with how much people don’t like him? A cousin of mine has extensive experience with him and said he’s never uninteresting and not someone he would ever want to try to keep up with but never got any real bad vibes.

Lakeith Stanfield is probably on his way to some level of stardom. He’s one to look out for.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/10/2018 at 1:45 PM, ubkev said:

For what it's worth I thought the soundtrack and Albert Brooks' eyebrows made Drive.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:59 PM, josie said:

That soundtrack is golden. 

If you liked Drive & its soundtrack there was a film that came out awhile ago called Good Time. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4846232 It has Robert Pattinson in it but don't let that scare you. The film was a ride & the score just exasperated the tension. The 2 directors Bennie Salfdie & Josh Salfdie are 2 up & comers out of NYC, getting a lot of good press & attention. I'll be watching any other films these guys make. Their pacing & story telling is refreshing. Albeit not for the faint of heart.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:37 AM, josie said:

I've always been a big Brody fan. The Pianist might be one of my favorite films. Had a huge crush on him back in high school.

Here, have an olde internety stupidity bout our boy Brody

I can't say I've gone out of my way to watch Gosling. I will now. 

13 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I can't say I've gone out of my way to watch Gosling. I will now. 

He's legitimately unsettling to watch sometimes. He's handsome, but he often plays these roles where he just sorta slightly smirks and looks cooly into the distance like some sort of Bundy-esque sociopath. Maybe I'm relating him to some severely weird people I know in real life, but I kind of like his weird inscrutability. 

We still have yet to break 90 degrees this entire year. Right now it's 55 and the heat pump just kicked on. I hate to brag, but it's worth bragging. 

Middle of August and the heater kicked on.................. Take that. 

At the moment, it's 17° colder than Buffalo.

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

I'm not sure what the hell is happening in this movie with Gyllanhall, 'Enemy', but damn he is just great and bringing you to the ultimate edge of being uncomfortable

This one is reeeeeeally good. Not many people have heard of it but definitely check it out if you haven’t.

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

This one is reeeeeeally good. Not many people have heard of it but definitely check it out if you haven’t.

Agreed 100%, that movie was wild. The score, colors, and camera angles make everything so intense and foreboding, it's really something else. I had to look up the meaning behind it honestly, and now I have to watch it again to appreciate it

42 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Agreed 100%, that movie was wild. The score, colors, and camera angles make everything so intense and foreboding, it's really something else. I had to look up the meaning behind it honestly, and now I have to watch it again to appreciate it

There's just a constant uneasy calmness to it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just rewatched the new It for the first time since seeing it in theatres and this is easily one of the best new horror films I’ve seen. Maybe THE best. I loved the original (I’ve only seen the movie cut, not the mini-series cut), but this one tops that exponentially.

Whenever someone asks me to describe it effective constantly comes to mind. They did a lot with CGI that just worked and some of the scares/creepy moments are done so well. The new Pennywise is great. The kids are great. Very excited for chapter two.

• 2 weeks later...