Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

I'm not joking.

The thing about Kane's, great as it was, was it was a flip pass. It was flipping end over end, which is much easier to do on the ice (not that a regular Joe like me has much success with even that on ice). Karlsson' was a true saucer pass, that thing was spinning horizontally. Ridiculous thing to be able to pull off, considering the distance and height of the pass.

It's one of the best passes I have ever seen.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704897-linesman-don-henderson-reportedly-files-lawsuit-against-flames-dennis-wideman

Well The linesman filed a lawsuit against flames and wideman, good for him was a dick move and I still think it was intentional.

I thought at the time it was intentional as well. The tale of the tape. I thought it was a dick move by wideman in the heat of the moment.

Stan Bowman says there are big changes coming, but Q-Ville is staying. Let's see. You're not going to get rid of Kane, Toews, Crawford and Keith. 

Stan, what big changes are you going to make? You gonna turn that team around by showing those 13 players who make under $875K who's boss? 

Might wanna look in the mirror and note who you just paid $27,000,000 to ($21,000,000 cap hit) and figure out why maybe the rest of your roster has contempt. 

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1286152-blackhawks-bowman-quenneville-safe-but-other-changes-coming

Stan Bowman says there are big changes coming, but Q-Ville is staying. Let's see. You're not going to get rid of Kane, Toews, Crawford and Keith.

Stan, what big changes are you going to make? You gonna turn that team around by showing those 13 players who make under $875K who's boss?

Might wanna look in the mirror and note who you just paid $27,000,000 to ($21,000,000 cap hit) and figure out why maybe the rest of your roster has contempt.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1286152-blackhawks-bowman-quenneville-safe-but-other-changes-coming

3 Cups and the best record in the West, I think he can be pretty secure looking in the mirror.

Didn't they name Robitaille president and a Blake gm?

Yes.

They're playing on the Island now too; Brooklyn (and Queens) are the west end of the island.

I know that, but I didn't know where Belmont race track is.  Now that I know that it's on that Long (and tropical) Island in NY I'm all for it.  For me, the Islanders need to playing somewhere on the Island.

In other news, USA U18 team just beat Finland for the Gold. Pretty cool.

Watching some of it they said it's USA Hockey's 4th championship this year.  CAn't remember all of them.. two were women's championships (U18 and Worlds?).  Still, pretty amazing to think how USA Hockey has grown over the past 10 years... 

Watching some of it they said it's USA Hockey's 4th championship this year.  CAn't remember all of them.. two were women's championships (U18 and Worlds?).  Still, pretty amazing to think how USA Hockey has grown over the past 10 years...

Yep. Women's WC & IIRC U18. Mens U20 & U18.

For the elite prospects USAH's ADM is working.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.