Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

So everywhere he plays against kids his age? 

Not trying to defend Dan but Nylander was in year 2 of NA hockey and needed muscle and to get up to speed. From what I saw of him in Buffalo, I actually think he was getting there and good play in Buffalo next season. A good player can play in any system, I think Nylander will be good.

I remember there was great consternation when Samson's Production dropped in his post draft year and it turns out it was the extra strength and conditioning program the Sabres was affecting his performance. I wonder if that is affecting Nylander in a similar fashion.

Good brawl in the Czech League Easter Cup. Looks like they all started ganging up on the ref that they eventually tried to chase down on the other end of the ice. Then they all celebrated, lol. 

https://twitter.com/Ginohard_/status/852952266579390464

That ref got in some good ones and then he ended it by inducing the jackass player into a 'Rob Ray' situation.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Is Stamkos a top 10 forward in this league anymore?

Backstrome, Ovechkin, Eichel, Matthews, Laine, McDavid, Crosby, Bergeron, Tavares, Kane, Seguin, Marchand, Malkin, Kucherov...

I'm gonna say no

Ooooh, interesting.  I think you're right.

Yes. 

Stamkos in and Marchand out.

There's more than 10 players listed there ;)

Stamkos was incredible this year before he got hurt, but playing 20 games in a season means you probably shouldn't be counted in that kind of thing. 

I think he's better than Laine and Ovie at this point though, assuming full health. 

Recency bias aside, I don't think Stamkos is a top 10 forward

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-lebrun-extol-virtues-erik-karlsson/

Wanna know just how freaking good Karlsson is? Here's Friedman and Lebrun discussing it, along with a gif of what some are calling the best pass they've ever seen in the NHL from Karlsson

The way he walked the line in Game 2 before finding Brassard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.