Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

So the team that currently has two players under contract has a better center spine than the Montreal Canadiens  :lol:

They tweeted out their projected lineup

Updated Golden Knights Lines

CC: @BSH_Joe

Guy-Vadim Shipachyov-Reid Duke

Guy-Guy-Guy

Guy-Guy-Guy

Guy-Guy-Guy

Guy-Guy

Guy-Guy

Guy-Guy

They tweeted out their projected lineup

Updated Golden Knights Lines

CC: @BSH_Joe

Guy-Vadim Shipachyov-Reid Duke

Guy-Guy-Guy

Guy-Guy-Guy

Guy-Guy-Guy

Guy-Guy

Guy-Guy

Guy-Guy

I forgot how many Guy brothers and cousins there are in the NHL; the Sutters, Millers, and Staals have nothing on them.

Scot Darling #Hurricanes

4 year contract

$4.15M AAV ($16.6M Total Value)

... more details to come

Per Cap Friendly

Moving on from Ward/Lack makes a ton of sense, and I like what I've seen from Darling. But 4 years is a pretty hefty investment for a total unknown as a starter.

And as an unhappy side effect, I'm worried about what this means for Lehner's contract.

Surely, you can't be serious, eh?

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

He's a right wing. Is he better than Okposo, no. If Sam is a wing that's another no. If not, is he better then all the other guys who can be RW? Not really. Is he better then Eichel, Kane, ROR? Hell no. Do I want him as my 3rd or 4th line RW, hell no. Organizational fit, no.

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

He's a right wing. Is he better than Okposo, no. If Sam is a wing that's another no. If not, is he better then all the other guys who can be RW? Not really. Is he better then Eichel, Kane, ROR? Hell no. Do I want him as my 3rd or 4th line RW, hell no. Organizational fit, no.

Samson better not be on the wing going forward.

And, I am starting a new absurd concept right now, that SL hates Russians.

:nana:

Samson better not be on the wing going forward.

And, I am starting a new absurd concept right now, that SL hates Russians.

:nana:

I'd rather him be going forward than going backward.  :P

pretty sad about Nail Y...such a supposed talent and he's absolutely terrible. Just shows that one can never count on any prospect being a star, or even a good player in the NHL based on his ranking or what he's done at the junior level. Which kinda means EXGMTM's trades of "prospects" for OReiily, Kane etc were actually good trades as we got proven NHL players. while who knows about any of the prospects he gave up (the Colorado pair sure are a bust)

pretty sad about Nail Y...such a supposed talent and he's absolutely terrible. Just shows that one can never count on any prospect being a star, or even a good player in the NHL based on his ranking or what he's done at the junior level. Which kinda means EXGMTM's trades of "prospects" for OReiily, Kane etc were actually good trades as we got proven NHL players. while who knows about any of the prospects he gave up (the Colorado pair sure are a bust)

Preach it

In so many cases it comes down not to skill and ability but effort and attitude.  He seems to think the game should be handed to him.  I have no doubt he's capable, but he just isn't willing to work for it.

@GMillerTSN

Hearing from senior @IIHFHockey types that if the @NHLPA re-opens the CBA before the 2020/21 season, a World Cup in 2020 is unlikely.

Sounds like there's not going to be a WC, and probably another labor dispute. Hurray

There was always going to be another labor dispute. 

The NHL is officially a joke if there is ANOTHER GD lockout.

Yeah as soon as the terms on the last one were released, everyone saw this coming. Throw in the Olympics and other stuff, and this one can just get nasty. Could be a year long one

@GMillerTSN

Hearing from senior @IIHFHockey types that if the @NHLPA re-opens the CBA before the 2020/21 season, a World Cup in 2020 is unlikely.

Sounds like there's not going to be a WC, and probably another labor dispute. Hurray

There was always going to be another labor dispute.

Yeah as soon as the terms on the last one were released, everyone saw this coming. Throw in the Olympics and other stuff, and this one can just get nasty. Could be a year long one

My money is on a lockout that looks extremely ugly but gets "miraculously" resolved in mid-January & they're playing again ~2/1/21. 8 year term w/ the opportunity to re-open in 7, which is when the next 1/2 season long lockout occurs. Lather, rinse, repeat.

If there is one sport that can't afford to do it it's the NHL.

On a side note, the last two lock outs made for some great AHL hockey. The former had Vanek, Pominville, Roy, Goose and a cameo by our soon to be GM.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000032005.html

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.