Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Here's an incredible stat I came across. Say what you want about +/-. Lee Stempniak finished 3rd for the Hurricanes with a +2. Defensemen Faulk, Tennyson, Hainsey, Hanifin and Dahlbeck were the five worst on the team between -12 to -19.

Second year defensemen Slavin and Pesce were 1st and 2nd on the team with +23 each. 

Impressive. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crawford said last week he was going to test the market because he felt he was good enough to be a starter. He even said his goodbyes on locker room cleanout day. 

Good for the Blackhawks for getting something for a pending UFA after the deadline. 

Crawford might be a tough move, at least as long as Bishop is on the market.

Coincidentally, since you mentioned it, I looked up something about Darling and this story popped up. Looks like he's ready to move on looking for a starting job somewhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/chicago.suntimes.com/sports/scott-darlings-blackhawks-career-likely-at-an-end/amp/

Good move by the Canes.

They get a couple of months to re-sign him and they had 3 third round draft picks this year. I thi nk they gave up Ottawa's.

He'll likely get a five year deal approaching 5m per. .922sv% this year and a career .923 in a small sample size.

Saw what they wanted and are going after him, I like it. I'd like to see Chevy do something like this after the expansion draft.

.@MapleLeafs have signed D Nikita Zaitsev to a seven-year contract extension. Annual value of the contract is $4.5M through 2023-24 #TMLtalk

I am greatly enjoying some Toronto-based stats guys defending this contract with the same reasoning they reject for our defense of Risto. Good times.

Anyway, I like Zaitsev and think he's a decent 2nd pair guy...but that's a lot of term for a guy with one NHL season and only okay results.

.@MapleLeafs have signed D Nikita Zaitsev to a seven-year contract extension. Annual value of the contract is $4.5M through 2023-24 #TMLtalk

good, hope theu keep overpaying so you cant afford to keep their stars in a few years

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.