Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

What if Murray is trying to get Montreal to make the trade so they get Fowler and give up their #9 pick?

Murray believes this will make the Canadiens weaker next year?

Just having fun..

What about Kulikov?

He's definitely a backup plan like Brodin, though I'm pretty sure I'd prefer Brodin.

I also believe the reason that GMTM doesn't want to get rid of #8 is that there is a prospect he really likes and thinks might fall to him.

I think that prospect is Logan brown.

I sure hope you're wrong.

My big concern with trading #8 for Fowler is losing the chance to draft a top LHD prospect while also having to expose 2 of Bogosian, McCabe, Psysk to the expansion draft (assuming we go the 7F, 3D, 1 G route and we opt to protect Ristolainen, Fowler, and 1 of the 3 I just listed). Sure we upgrade the top of our defense by replacing Gorges with Fowler, but it also means we possibly deplete our depth all over again and we won't have the highly ranked defensive prospect to replenish the roster in a few years. Although in that scenario I protect McCabe since he's a lefty and Vegas would only be able to take one of our righties between Bogosian and Psysk.

Edited by Drunkard

Of course, but there are other teams bidding for him too.

FWIW, I do not think GMTM will trade #8 for him, and I would not do so either, but I wouldn't be shocked if GMTM does so.

I don't think it matters with TM,if he wants someone bad enough he will pay the price, he doesn't seem like the GM that will haggle to get the cheapest deal, everyone knew the jets were done with Kane and wanted him out of the locker room, the sabres were one of the only teams willing to make a move at the deadline for him cause they could let him sit for the rest of the year and didn't need him to play then and I would say TM overpaid in that deal instead of trying to haggle and take advantage of the jets. He seems to be the type of guy who will pay what he needs to in order to get who he wants.

I also believe the reason that GMTM doesn't want to get rid of #8 is that there is a prospect he really likes and thinks might fall to him.

I think that prospect is Logan brown.

I think he doesn't want to give it up because he wants it available for another deal later, to either move up or get another NFL ready player

I don't think it matters with TM,if he wants someone bad enough he will pay the price, he doesn't seem like the GM that will haggle to get the cheapest deal, everyone knew the jets were done with Kane and wanted him out of the locker room, the sabres were one of the only teams willing to make a move at the deadline for him cause they could let him sit for the rest of the year and didn't need him to play then and I would say TM overpaid in that deal instead of trying to haggle and take advantage of the jets. He seems to be the type of guy who will pay what he needs to in order to get who he wants.I think he doesn't want to give it up because he wants it available for another deal later, to either move up or get another NHL ready player

I don't think it matters with TM,if he wants someone bad enough he will pay the price, he doesn't seem like the GM that will haggle to get the cheapest deal, everyone knew the jets were done with Kane and wanted him out of the locker room, the sabres were one of the only teams willing to make a move at the deadline for him cause they could let him sit for the rest of the year and didn't need him to play then and I would say TM overpaid in that deal instead of trying to haggle and take advantage of the jets. He seems to be the type of guy who will pay what he needs to in order to get who he wants.I think he doesn't want to give it up because he wants it available for another deal later, to either move up or get another NFL ready player

Go Bills

we can trade 8 for Fowler and there is a realistic chance we have neither in 2 years.

You are really going to trade a guy away who you can have for 10 years and who will more than likely be as good if not better than Fowler for a guy you could have only for 2 years??? makes absolutely no sense to me.

Why? We have a billionaire owner and world class facilities. If the Bufallo Sabres want to sign a player, unless the player really wants to be somewhere else, he's staying. This is a different owner, GM, and time.

Fake Bob McKenzie, ignore... Cmon people we're better than this.

(Potato posted a fake Bob tweet saying Fowler to the Sabres was finalized)

Here's another Twitter tip: Bob McKenzie has a MILLION followers. Check that and also recognize that most of the big guys don't use hashtags because they don't need to draw attention to their tweets.

Edited by Hoss

Correct, because we're drafting Nylander :P

I wouldn't trade #8 for Fowler. Murray might and I think that would be a mistake. I would prefer Sergachyov or Juolevi as I believe they have more upside than Fowler.

If the top 2 defensemen are gone then Nylander looks like the next choice. In my dreams, I would hope for Pierre Luc Dubois or Tkachuk to fall, but stranger things have happened.

Another tweet saying Anaheim wants the 8th pick. I'm against this.

Me too.   Don't do it!   

Or if one of their 3 guys isn't there at 8, then pull trigger.... but one will most likely be there.

Me too.   Don't do it!   

Or if one of their 3 guys isn't there at 8, then pull trigger.... but one will most likely be there.

I'm pretty sure they "know" Laine, Pulju, Dubois, Tkachuk and Matthews are gone.

They then have three guys — two D, one F — all ranked around the same level.

They will get at least one of them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.