Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

No it doesnt, because it solidifies defense. Top 4 defenders are harder to acquire then top 6 wingers. Also our prospects pool is lousy with wingers, defense there's Guhle and that's about it.

I don't understand how this is controversial. If we get Vesey, other guys are more expendable. If what you said were true, this deal would already be done.

I don't understand how this is controversial. If we get Vesey, other guys are more expendable. If what you said were true, this deal would already be done.

I agree.  I don't think you can trade away a guy like Ennis or even Kane for that matter, without Vesey in the fold (I'm speaking from the vantage point of GMTM's opinion of Vesey, not my own, haha).   

If Vesey signs, I think you can move one or Ennis/Kane.   And if we catch lightning in a bottle with Nylander and he jumps right into the lineup, then both guys can be moved.

You're right, which means there isn't a deal in place.

We have like 6 or so lw wings. We have maybe 4 top 4 defenders, if Murray could trade a wing for a defender that deal happens, Vesey I honestly don't believe holds it up

You're right, which means there isn't a deal in place.

We have like 6 or so lw wings. We have maybe 4 top 4 defenders, if Murray could trade a wing for a defender that deal happens, Vesey I honestly don't believe holds it up

You're implying it's 1 for 1. If it's Kane + Ennis/Girgs, our top 6 immediately looks like again without Vesey to fill in. With Vesey, we can make that package deal.

If Murray makes this deal after the Vesey meeting but before August 15th, to me that says we have Vesey

Edited by WildCard

You're implying it's 1 for 1. If it's Kane + Ennis/Girgs, our top 6 immediately looks like ###### again without Vesey to fill in. With Vesey, we can make that package deal.

If Murray makes this deal after the Vesey meeting but before August 15th, to me that says we have Vesey

Even getting Vesey, it would be tough to trade both Kane AND Ennis. It would then require us to put Girgensons in a top 6 role, probably on line 1, which probably isn't the best option.

For Fowler I'd certainly give Girgensons, and one of Kane/Ennis. Not sure that gets it done, though.

Edited by Thorny

Don't think Vesey should factor in much - if he signs great, maybe he'll be a good piece, but we're talking 0 NHL/AHL minutes on the guy so it'd concern me to put too many eggs in that basket.

Girgs+Kane is a pretty darn steep price on it's own.  I'm quite enjoying this rare feeling that we have forward depth, and let's not forget that there were only 5 other teams in the entire league that scored less than we did last year.

Don't get me wrong - we're clearly missing a top 4 d-man before we're hoisting cups, but I think I'd rather let the forward talent blossom and have scoring become an actual strength before gutting it, imo.

Edited by akm

You're implying it's 1 for 1. If it's Kane + Ennis/Girgs, our top 6 immediately looks like ###### again without Vesey to fill in. With Vesey, we can make that package deal.

If it is Kane + Ennis/Zemgus for Fowler I still make the trade. I think it is easier to trade for a winger than it is to trade for a Fowler. 

Don't think Vesey should factor in much - if he signs great, maybe he'll be a good piece, but we're talking 0 NHL/AHL minutes on the guy so it'd concern me to put too many eggs in that basket.

Girgs+Kane is a pretty darn steep price on it's own.  I'm quite enjoying this rare feeling that we have forward depth, and let's not forget that there were only 5 other teams in the entire league that scored less than we did last year.

Don't get me wrong - we're clearly missing a top 4 d-man before we're hoisting cups, but I think I'd rather let the forward talent blossom and have scoring become an actual strength before gutting it, imo.

I'm only trading one of Ennis and Kane if Vesey is coming aboard. Right now they are our top 6 LW. If Vesey signs, we can afford to trade one, and still have good depth.

The question is would you rather have one of these 2 guarantees... 

top 6 of 

Ennis - ROR - Okposo

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart

or top 4 defense of 

Fowler - Ristolainen

Kulikov - Bogosian

I think if Murray has to sacrifice a couple left wings for Fowler he would. Also considering the cap situation in Anaheim, Ennis or Kane would go but not both. So at worst you lose a top 6 winger and a bottom 6 winger. 

The question is would you rather have one of these 2 guarantees... 

top 6 of 

Ennis - ROR - Okposo

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart

or top 4 defense of 

Fowler - Ristolainen

Kulikov - Bogosian

I think if Murray has to sacrifice a couple left wings for Fowler he would. Also considering the cap situation in Anaheim, Ennis or Kane would go but not both. So at worst you lose a top 6 winger and a bottom 6 winger.

Ya, this is a good point. If you are only giving up one of Ennis and Kane, and are getting Fowler, you have to do it. There would be an opening in the top 6 on the left side, but, assuming Vesey does not fill it by signing, it would still be filled easier than the spot being filled by Fowler.

Ana can't lose 2dmen to expansion, only one

I meant to say, there are 2 they can lose, trading one of those for assets just makes sense.

Ya, this is a good point. If you are only giving up one of Ennis and Kane, and are getting Fowler, you have to do it. There would be an opening in the top 6 on the left side, but, assuming Vesey does not fill it by signing, it would still be filled easier than the spot being filled by Fowler.

Then maybe you get nylander up here sooner.

I meant to say, there are 2 they can lose, trading one of those for assets just makes sense.

I still don't think so. He won't play full time in Buffalo this season.

Fill it with Vesey. He's not signing? Sign Pirri for cheap and see if he can't get another 20 goal season. With a top 6 of Kane - ROR - Okposo and X - Eichel - Reinhart and a defence of Fowler - Risto and Kulikov - Bogosian, I'm pretty confident we'll be very ok, even with that LW spot to fill.

Because it isn't one. :w00t:

Ah Yeah it is....

I hope so and agree having Vesey and Nylander in the fold makes a Kane and or Ennis and others package deal easier, not that it cant be done without them if Murray thinks Fowler is worth it. I still think Casey makes it before Guhle.. Edited by North Buffalo

I think he's saying we have a lot of wingers, not that our wingers are lousy.

You sure he wasn't trying  to say we have a lot of really lousy wingers though?

If it is Kane + Ennis/Zemgus for Fowler I still make the trade. I think it is easier to trade for a winger than it is to trade for a Fowler. 

And some people were upset with dealing our pick. I think I would be pretty upset if Fowler cost us two of those three. Doesn't mean I wouldn't do it especially with all the, you know.

Kane & our 2nd and 3rd for Fowler and Stoner

They get their winger and cap relief, we get a Top 4 LD and a 7D

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/155130

Traded Franson for a 3rd

Signed Hudler and Pirri

I question anyone who wants to move Kane as he the only top 6 forward we have with any grit. I get his off the ice behavior is questionable but I'm not willing to let him go until more details come out. As the latest charges sound like he got drunk and may have just picked her up and take her out of the bar and was innocent fun since. Nothing happened afterwards. Edited by The Jokeman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.