Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

Me too.   Don't do it!   

Or if one of their 3 guys isn't there at 8, then pull trigger.... but one will most likely be there.

Yeah, in general I doubt the trade gets done until pick 8 if its going to happen at all. What if something crazy happens and Laine or Pulo falls or something? You're this close, wait 3 hours until the pick to trade it.

I'm pretty sure they "know" Laine, Pulju, Dubois, Tkachuk and Matthews are gone.

They then have three guys — two D, one F — all ranked around the same level.

They will get at least one of them.

Do we know from the horses mouth that they're looking at 2D and 1F at pick 8?   Thought it might be 3D.

I could see something going down tonight or before the next round tomorrow. With the 1st round finished, teams will start adjusting their asking prices and others will adjust what they are willing to spend to get what they need after round 1 is done

So basically whatever goes down will happen this summer. Glad Murray stuck w/ the number 8 pick. He didn't give in. 

Edited by GoPre

So basically whatever goes down will happen this summer. Glad Murray stuck w/ the number 8 pick. He didn't give in. 

Obviously it will go down this summer, lol

I am saying it goes down this weekend, after the 1st round is over for players that can help now. Usually the rest of the draft after round 1 is to restock the farm with guys who will take a few years to sniff the NHL, your not drafting guys to start next year like you are in the NFL.

Obviously it will go down this summer, lol

I am saying it goes down this weekend, after the 1st round is over for players that can help now. Usually the rest of the draft after round 1 is to restock the farm with guys who will take a few years to sniff the NHL, your not drafting guys to start next year like you are in the NFL.

Yeah, I'm just thinking it won't happen this weekend. Great if it does. But there were a few teams wanting Fowler. Anaheim and GM's interested now have the remaining offseason to reach a deal. Bob Murray won't get what he was hoping for. Trade value dropped tonight w/ a now lack of 1st round draft. 

Yeah, I'm just thinking it won't happen this weekend. Great if it does. But there were a few teams wanting Fowler. Anaheim and GM's interested now have the remaining offseason to reach a deal. Bob Murray won't get what he was hoping for. Trade value dropped tonight w/ a now lack of 1st round draft. 

If Fowler is someone who TM really wants, it gets done this weekend, if not then I think he was only  a prefered choice for TM, but not someone he really wants. They would probably move on to plan 'B' if Anaheim continues to keep a high asking price

If Fowler is someone who TM really wants, it gets done this weekend, if not then I think he was only  a prefered choice for TM, but not someone he really wants. They would probably move on to plan 'B' if Anaheim continues to keep a high asking price

Murray and Anaheim have been talking about this trade for a couple of months. Don't see Murray trading for Fowler this weekend. Right before a draft there is reason to raise or lessen this, that or the other for a trade. Time is no longer a determining factor. Murray and Murray have the summer to discuss a more reasonable trade. 

Murray and Anaheim have been talking about this trade for a couple of months. Don't see Murray trading for Fowler this weekend. Right before a draft there is reason to raise or lessen this, that or the other for a trade. Time is no longer a determining factor. Murray and Murray have the summer to discuss a more reasonable trade. 

Were they discussing Fowler specifically or just working out a trade though?

TM seems like an impatient kind of guy. When he truly wants something, he isn't going to sit around and wait on it or haggle. He will pay what it costs to get his guy. If its not someone he really wants, he will move on to plan 'B'

Were they discussing Fowler specifically or just working out a trade though?

TM seems like an impatient kind of guy. When he truly wants something, he isn't going to sit around and wait on it or haggle. He will pay what it costs to get his guy. If its not someone he really wants, he will move on to plan 'B'

TM is also an intelligent guy. No matter how bad he wants somebody, if the asking price is too high he'll pass. 

TM is also an intelligent guy. No matter how bad he wants somebody, if the asking price is too high he'll pass. 

Intellegence doesn't mean he can't lack patience or make decisions just because he wants it bad. I agree that he doesn't just call a team up and say "I want player 'X', just name your price", but I think that when he spots someone he wants, he doesn't haggle much and will pay what he feels is reasonable. Unlike DR who always had to walk away from a deal being the overwhelming winner of the move.

I think TM seems like a guy who is also willing to move on quickly if the asking price is to high for someone he doesn't covet.

. @renlavoietva "I wonder if Cam Fowler will be a Buffalo Sabre today"

"They made the choice that Cam Fowler will not play for the Ducks next year"

WGR neglected to say who "They" was but I am guessing Duck's brass

. @renlavoietva "I wonder if Cam Fowler will be a Buffalo Sabre today"

"They made the choice that Cam Fowler will not play for the Ducks next year"

If they've decided Fowler will not play for Anaheim this year, doesn't that decrease his trade value a little bit? Not saying a lot. Just at a much more reasonable price. 

Edited by GoPre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.