Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

Comparing someone like Keith to a player like Fowler is asinine.  Keith went a time prior to analytics being a key to the business at hand.  He also had a so-so college career especially in his final season.  He was developed properly and exceeded every step of the way.  Fowler is a quality player, but at the right cost.  To me that is a non-starter with #8 involved.  I get the semantics of winning now, but over extending yourself on semantics is where you get away from long term vision with nearsightedness.  Stay the coarse!

But we are in need of some course correcting, somewhat. We don't have very many LHD, at all. 

Edited by Thorny

Mortgaging the future by trading away top-10 picks is the exact thing that will place us in a perpetual rebuild. We may be great for the next 4-5 years, but what happens after that when we can't afford our players and the cupboards are bare? Blow it up again by trading off all our overpriced vets? We're going to need a steady stream of quality players.

Considering we've sucked for so long....I'll take this

Oh c'mon, nobody is banking the entire future on one pick.

This. I just don't want GMTM's MO of trading away 1st round draft picks to become his norm. He has already dumped off too many 1st rounders for my liking. I don't want this to become a pattern.

Considering we've sucked for so long....I'll take this

Not good enough. The Bills were elite for about 4-5 years and we all know what happened next.

This. I just don't want GMTM's MO of trading away 1st round draft picks to become his norm. He has already dumped off too many 1st rounders for my liking. I don't want this to become a pattern.

Not good enough. The Bills were elite for about 4-5 years and we all know what happened next.

It's a cap league, there's going to be some cyclical ups and downs. Having a juggernaut and keeping it together in perpetuity isn't realistic.

After originally being firmly for it I am now completely against the 8th pick being involved in a deal for Fowler even if we get a first back.

I am still firmly FOR trading 8+ for Lindholm, but I don't think that's an option anymore. With Fowler interest being so high around the league I would expect this has solidified Lindholm in Anaheim.

After originally being firmly for it I am now completely against the 8th pick being involved in a deal for Fowler even if we get a first back.

I am still firmly FOR trading 8+ for Lindholm, but I don't think that's an option anymore. With Fowler interest being so high around the league I would expect this has solidified Lindholm in Anaheim.

What changed your mind?

I think I got a little buyer's remorse before the deal even occurred.

I think Fowler's possession stats don't paint a remotely fair picture of the player he is, but they're certainly worrying. And I do agree that there's a pretty solid chance that whatever dman we get at eight would be as good or better than Fowler in a few years, so I don't want to blow the asset plus more in the name of impatience.

I hope we do land Fowler, but I think we can do it without eight being involved.

I think I got a little buyer's remorse before the deal even occurred.

I think Fowler's possession stats don't paint a remotely fair picture of the player he is, but they're certainly worrying. And I do agree that there's a pretty solid chance that whatever dman we get at eight would be as good or better than Fowler in a few years, so I don't want to blow the asset plus more in the name of impatience.

I hope we do land Fowler, but I think we can do it without eight being involved.

Let's hope. Because we need a D like him for now, and for second pairing in the future IF we draft a D at 8 AND they pan out better than Fowler. 

Let's hope. Because we need a D like him for now, and for second pairing in the future IF we draft a D at 8 AND they pan out better than Fowler.

I think McCabe will be a top-four defender in his prime. If we pickup Fowler and draft somebody this year it will give us Risto, Fowler, McCabe, Guhle and 8 to toy with in the future.

Predictions, boys and girls? Do we get him and what's the price?

I say Bergevin bails on trading Subban, taking Montreal out of the mix.

We get him for Girgs a third and a B prospect.

Edited by dudacek

I think McCabe will be a top-four defender in his prime. If we pickup Fowler and draft somebody this year it will give us Risto, Fowler, McCabe, Guhle and 8 to toy with in the future.

I like it. Seems a bit heavy on skill though, maybe could use a 3rd pair thats a bit nastier.

Most likely giving us a very solid D core. Pysyk or Nelson on the 3rd pair as well, potentially. 

Fowler, #8, and McCabe should cement our left side, Ristolainen, Bogosian, and Pysyk/Nelson on the right. Add in Guhle and it looks pretty good. 

We do need a guy like Fowler for now and the immediate future though, with too weak of a current defense our team growth could stagnate. Besides that, it's time to start winning. Fowler is a good option because he's young, can contribute down the line as well. 

I like dudacek's prediction and hope it comes true. 

Predictions, boys and girls? Do we get him and what's the price?

I say Bergevin bails on trading Subban, taking Montreal out of the mix.

We get him for Girgs a third and a B prospect.

I'll do cartwheels if that's the deal, and I still like Girgensons a lot!

I'll go with yes, we get him, and the deal is.......Girgensons, Pysyk, 2nd.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I'm also not giving a 2017 1st for Fowler. That pick enters the conversation for guys like Shattenkirk, but I'm not giving it up for Fowler unless we've already added a significant player elsewhere (Stamkos, Okposo, etc).

The 1st plus Pysyk, Baptiste and a 3rd is a pretty insane price.

Also, there has been talk that LA is interested in Pysyk. I know there has been a suggestion about Mark Pysyk for Tanner Pearson. If we move Ennis and Girgs or Foligno for Fowler then maybe we try to flip Pysyk for Pearson.

I'm also not giving a 2017 1st for Fowler. That pick enters the conversation for guys like Shattenkirk, but I'm not giving it up for Fowler unless we've already added a significant player elsewhere (Stamkos, Okposo, etc).

Also, there has been talk that LA is interested in Pysyk. I know there has been a suggestion about Mark Pysyk for Tanner Pearson. If we move Ennis and Girgs or Foligno for Fowler then maybe we try to flip Pysyk for Pearson.

I really like thinking of potential trades as a series of separate moves, and this does interest me. 

My proposal gives them a pick I believe will be mid tier.  It just comes up to meet their match without giving up #8. 

I really like thinking of potential trades as a series of separate moves, and this does interest me.

Agreed on both points.

But I'm not sure about Peason's role here if we sign Vesey.

I guess he might make Fasching or Bailey expendable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.