Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

. @renlavoietva "I wonder if Cam Fowler will be a Buffalo Sabre today"

"They made the choice that Cam Fowler will not play for the Ducks next year"

IDK what it would take, but I'd feel a lot better if we got Fowler here. If we get him and don't have to ship out a D to get him, our backend looks something like:

Fowler-Risto

Kulikov-Bogo

McCabe-Franson

Gorges

That looks ok to me. Ghule can wait another year.

I agree with the opinion that Kane's value is low to minimal right now. The team is gonna hafta hang onto him.

The only way we get anything for him is if he's part of a package where an asset coming back for him is very expendable. Maybe a cap heavy contract, or some kind of high risk prospect. 

Edited by d4rksabre

I agree with the opinion that Kane's value is low to minimal right now. The team is gonna hafta hang onto him.

Not ashamed to say it. Rather see Girgensons be dealt than Kane. The guy can play. Give him one more chance. 

Yeah or...

Fowler for Girgensons and a 2nd but GMTM says Kane needs to get taken also or no deal.

That is insane.  That's giving up way, way too much for a 2d pair defenseman.  Kane for Fowler straight up is a bad enough idea.

Yeah or...

Fowler for Girgensons and a 2nd but GMTM says Kane needs to get taken also or no deal.

GMTM would have to have no doubt in Vesey signing w/ Buffalo. And I still wouldn't like it. Too much. 

Edited by GoPre

That is insane.  That's giving up way, way too much for a 2d pair defenseman.  Kane for Fowler straight up is a bad enough idea.

Huh? I feel like we need a group session on the relative value of top-4 defensemen versus the value of middle-6 forwards.

EDIT: Wait. I see now that the proposal had TWO forwards going in that deal. In that event, Anaheim would need to be sending something of value in return (prospect or young pro).

Edited by That Aud Smell

Huh? I feel like we need a group session on the relative value of top-4 defensemen versus the value of middle-6 forwards.

EDIT: Wait. I see now that the proposal had TWO forwards going in that deal. In that event, Anaheim would need to be sending something of value in return (prospect or young pro).

Evander Kane might play on the second line and might play on the first, but he is not a "middle-six" forward.

Yeah Taylor Hall for Larsson just set the market I do believe.  Gus and a 2nd doesn't even start a convo.

If that nonsense set the market, than screw it, no Fowler for me.

Yeah Taylor Hall for Larsson just set the market I do believe.  Gus and a 2nd doesn't even start a convo.

Good portion of the hockey world was stunned by that trade. Really don't think it had a major impact on the market. Most GM's when talking would eventually talk of how bad that trade was. 

Evander Kane might play on the second line and might play on the first, but he is not a "middle-six" forward.

Right, right. At first I thought it was Girgensons + 2nd for Fowler.

Kane's value might be low because of his poor judgment, but adding him to that deal makes it lopsided. The Sabres can't just give the guy away (or at least the team shouldn't).

Good portion of the hockey world was stunned by that trade. Really don't think it had a major impact on the market. Most GM's when talking would eventually talk of how bad that trade was. 

Right, if that's the market a Dman will never be traded again.

Right, right. At first I thought it was Girgensons + 2nd for Fowler.

Kane's value might be low because of his poor judgment, but adding him to that deal makes it lopsided. The Sabres can't just give the guy away (or at least the team shouldn't).

And this, among other reasons, is why I hope his value goes up in the not too distant future, as I believe losing him for nothing would be obviously quite disappointing. If his value doesn't go up by trade deadline 2018, this is probably what happens, no? I thought there was a chance for him to be re-signed, but it certainly doesn't look like that now.

As for where he slots, I think he does have the ability to play on a first line, when his game is firing on all cylinders. But ideally he's on a second line, or even a third. For example, a Kane - Larsson - Gionta 3rd seems not only adequate but intriguing.

I think this is a deal Murray and Murray may have the parameters of in place but both agreed to wait and see what happens today.

Girgensons and a pick makes a lot of sense. Ennis, a prospect and a pick could make sense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.