Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

Risto Lindholm and Reilly look real good. Trouba looked great early, not so much this year.

Darnell Nurse made the team three years after he was drafted, not anything more than average yet.

Derrick Pouliot, same. Matt Dumba, Slater Koekoek

Haydn Fleury hasn't made it yet. Neither has Zach Werenski. Or Griffin Reinhart.

These are the guys of similar pedigree.

Overthinking. Murray and Pegula want to win now. Or at least SOON. We were "warned" and we saw it a year ago: don't fall in love with the prospects, the young pros or the draft picks.

Truth. 

And I think trading #8 for an NHL defenceman is exactly the kind of move Murray would make in order to avoid being in a perpetual rebuild. 

Edited by d4rksabre

Montreal is in on Fowler and supposedly Anaheim wants their #9 overall pick. If those guys are willing to do that, I don't think Murray is willing to go over the top at trade #8 for Fowler. Or at least that seems to be the consensus currently. 

THIS

I don't think it'd work or anything, but that's me bring petulant over #8.

Montreal is in on Fowler and supposedly Anaheim wants their #9 overall pick. If those guys are willing to do that, I don't think Murray is willing to go over the top at trade #8 for Fowler. Or at least that seems to be the consensus currently.

I feel like if Murray was going to part with #8 that Cam Fowler would already be a Sabre.

I don't think it'd work or anything, but that's me bring petulant over #8.

I feel like if Murray was going to part with #8 that Cam Fowler would already be a Sabre.

I agree. I feel like if he was close to a deal and then Anaheim came back and said "hey montreal is giving us #9 so better up your offer" Murray would be grab his junk and flip them the bird and walk out. 

And I think trading #8 for an NHL defenceman is exactly the kind of move Murray would make in order to avoid being in a perpetual rebuild. 

I feel like that may be right. But it's close on this one. I suspect GM TM is struggling here.

Screw it, wait a week and offer sheet Lindolm with something absurd.

Yeah? ...

Hmm - I dunno. The passage of time is a key factor here. He may be waiting for Anaheim to blink.

I think Murray wants Fowler, but he is comfortable making the pick at #8 and not getting Fowler. I think that if Murray waits, either Montreal goes over the top and pays #9 for Fowler or Anaheim blinks at takes the deal I thought they were doing yesterday which was Ennis+Pysyk and a late pick for Fowler. 

Maybe. We have competition, remember.

I'm sure Anaheim is doing its best to remind GM TM of that.

If Anaheim wants to be in the top 10 and Murray won't give up #8 they can certainly outbid us. 

Yeah.

I am reluctant to surrender the 8th, but am gonna be pissed if MTL gets the guy for the 9th.

Truth.

Mortgaging the future by trading away top-10 picks is the exact thing that will place us in a perpetual rebuild. We may be great for the next 4-5 years, but what happens after that when we can't afford our players and the cupboards are bare? Blow it up again by trading off all our overpriced vets? We're going to need a steady stream of quality players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.