Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

I question anyone who wants to move Kane as he the only top 6 forward we have with any grit. I get his off the ice behavior is questionable but I'm not willing to let him go until more details come out. As the latest charges sound like he got drunk and may have just picked her up and take her out of the bar and was innocent fun since. Nothing happened afterwards.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. This isn't anything new to Kane, by any means

Separately, grit is overrated. Anaheim has grit in their top 6, TB Chicago and Pittsburgh don't. Meh

Got Kulikov and McCabe to round out the top 4 , don't need him any more.

If we do get Fowler then franson has to go and Gorges becomes our 7th D.

I wonder where Gorges would play if we got Fowler. He'd probably be on the bench. I'd prefer him on the 3rd pair right side over Franson, but I don't think he's played a lick of right D in his career. And, you know, Old Dogs.

I wonder where Gorges would play if we got Fowler. He'd probably be on the bench. I'd prefer him on the 3rd pair right side over Franson, but I don't think he's played a lick of right D in his career. And, you know, Old Dogs.

Gorges and Franson on the same pairing, that seems a bit to slow.     If we got Fowler I'd do this.

Kulikov  - Risto

Fowler - Bogo

McCabe - Nelson

Gorges

Kane &  our 2nd and 3rd for Fowler and Stoner

They get their winger and cap relief, we get a Top 4 LD and a 7D

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/155130

Traded Franson for a 3rd

Signed Hudler and Pirri

Your PP unit is off I think, Saw a couple of PP goals from Okposo from last year.   He mans the point it seems.

Gorges and Franson on the same pairing, that seems a bit to slow. If we got Fowler I'd do this.

Kulikov - Risto

Fowler - Bogo

McCabe - Nelson

Gorges

I'd probably do something similar, maybe switch Kulikov and Fowler.

If we don't get Fowler, our third pair is likely Gorges - Franson, unless Nelson boots Franson.

Edited by Thorny

Where there's smoke, there's fire. This isn't anything new to Kane, by any means

Separately, grit is overrated. Anaheim has grit in their top 6, TB Chicago and Pittsburgh don't. Meh

Grit is a funny word. In my definition Toews and Crosby are ridiculously gritty.

Grit is a funny word. In my definition Toews and Crosby are ridiculously gritty.

Crosby is gritty in the way Forsberg was. Incredibly hard on the puck and makes you work for every inch when trying to get it away from him. Good down low cycle game. That's gritty to me, too.

I am now feeling okay with what we have. Not because of impatience but because I'm much more confident in McCabe's growth and Kulikov's overall ability (especially if he's with a skilled Risto or a rugged Bogo).

I think McCabe will be a top-four dman this year and long term. I think Kulikov is the same. Both are likely best as second-pairing dmen, but I think it's worth seeing Kulikov's growth if he gets top minutes. He was an all-situations defenseman in Florida and that was a damn good defensive team.

This is all with the caveat that Kulikov has to be in the long-term plans for me to feel confident.

It gives us:

Kulikov - Risto

McCabe - Bogo

Gorges - Franson

With Guhle fighting for Gorges' spot.

That's a very slow bottom pairing but it's pretty clear around the league that your bottom pairing isn't going to be jacked up.

If Vesey walks I probably prefer a deal for somebody like Rick Nash to add some definitive scoring.

I think Nelson is fighting for Gorges spot. I think Guhle gets top pair minutes, all situations in Rochester. Nelson due to his age may have the edge if he has bulked up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Guhle has one more year in juniors, which he will indeed do. He's not making the Sabres.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Guhle has one more year in juniors, which he will indeed do. He's not making the Sabres.

Maybe.

I think Nelson is fighting for Gorges spot. I think Guhle gets top pair minutes, all situations in Rochester. Nelson due to his age may have the edge if he has bulked up.

Nelson is likely fighting Franson (he's a righty).

If Guhle beats out Kulikov, Gorges, or McCabe I'll be shocked. He's not making this team as the 7th guy unless Murray gives 0 ###### about his development.

Ya it's very doubtful he makes it and can't go to Rochester.  So he will probably be send back to juniors again. 

Only guy I could see him beating is Gorges.  That would push Gorges to 7th man.  Honestly not sure what's better for development.  Another year in juniors which he's already played 3 full seasons and played well or sheltered 3rd pairing NHL minutes.  Up to the kid.

I am now feeling okay with what we have. Not because of impatience but because I'm much more confident in McCabe's growth and Kulikov's overall ability (especially if he's with a skilled Risto or a rugged Bogo).

I think McCabe will be a top-four dman this year and long term. I think Kulikov is the same. Both are likely best as second-pairing dmen, but I think it's worth seeing Kulikov's growth if he gets top minutes. He was an all-situations defenseman in Florida and that was a damn good defensive team.

This is all with the caveat that Kulikov has to be in the long-term plans for me to feel confident.

It gives us:

Kulikov - Risto

McCabe - Bogo

Gorges - Franson

With Guhle fighting for Gorges' spot.

That's a very slow bottom pairing but it's pretty clear around the league that your bottom pairing isn't going to be jacked up.

If Vesey walks I probably prefer a deal for somebody like Rick Nash to add some definitive scoring.

It's going to be really interesting to see how this season plays out, because I disagree strongly with the reasoning here. I think adding Fowler (thereby moving Kulikov and McCabe down a spot) helps this team more than adding Nash. Especially since you could still add a Hudler type cheap for some offense.

That said, I'm still in favor of adding Nash at the right price (assuming no Vesey) but we'd probably have to shed salary elsewhere to make it happen. Adding Nash (unless NY will retain 50%, which I doubt) probably means Gorges or Franson have to go, which leaves our defense depth really weak.

FWIW I cant see Guhle doing another year in juniors and I've moved on from Fowler and am now looking to making Barrie work somehow. Don't care that he's not a lefty. He's much higher skill and quite likely would love to get out of there.

Ya it's very doubtful he makes it and can't go to Rochester.  So he will probably be send back to juniors again. 

Only guy I could see him beating is Gorges.  That would push Gorges to 7th man.  Honestly not sure what's better for development.  Another year in juniors which he's already played 3 full seasons and played well or sheltered 3rd pairing NHL minutes.  Up to the kid.

I agree with the juniors notion. There's likely going to be diminishing returns with him going back for a 4th year and he may develop more in a sheltered role in the NHL. I don't know. Tough choice.

Guhle looked great last year camp and pre season. I don't think he benefits by doing juniors again and if he looks as good as he did last year they have areal dilemma on their hands. Once again we are between a rock and a hard place with a kid who cant go to Roch. .

And for what it's worth I'm out on Fowler and moving on to getting something done with Barrie.

I wish Guhle could be called up from Juniors like AHLers can to the NHL because I'd love for him to get some more AHL time than a mere 3 or so games at the end.

Wouldn't mind him getting a couple NHL games this year aswell

Edited by thewookie1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.