Zemgus to KHL?

Brawndo

Dinamo Riga has started moving pieces. Been told that Girgensons is considering a deal in #KHL

From Alvis Kalnins

And this from John Vogl this AM

Zemgus Girgensons is in Buffalo working out. Ran into him at Sunglass Hut on Sunday. KHL is good RFA bargaining chip

http://www.wgr550.com/Girgensons-considering-KHL-deal-/22779817

3541947.jpg?1466050593
Zemgus
Girgensons considering KHL deal?

@matthewwgr Reporting
Matthew Coller

File this one under: Out of left field.

Girgensons is currently a Restricted Free Agent. He told this same reporter earlier in the offseason that he was frustrated by the Sabres' lack of clarity on what type of role he would be playing next season. He struggled under Dan Bylsma at times after having a promising 2014-15 under Ted Nolan. The former first-round pick has been named in a number of trade rumors since the offseason began.

Edited by Kruppstahl

Not happy with his role and using this to push up his numbers for the RFA deal would be my bet. If he's still on this team by July 1st I'd be surprised. Not that I want it, he's just such an obvious piece to go.

Pretty much this. He has one way to get leverage in negotiations, and this is it. I guess I'd be pretty surprised if he actually did bolt.

Another Sabres sentence that would have been imaginable two years ago. He was the future. And the future captain.

Eh, I just have no patience for players who threaten to leave the NHL. Either you want to play for the greatest league in the world, or you don't. If you don't, then buh-bye. 

Another Sabres sentence that would have been imaginable two years ago. He was the future. And the future captain.

Not unfair.

Wasn't there a Legend of Zemgus trope or some such?

Negotiating tactic, nothing else.

I think that's right.

GMTM is a genius. Stashing him in the KHL for the expansion draft? Straight up hustle right there.

Hahahahaha

Leverage move by his agent. Play the "KHL card" to either get more money or get a trade. Gus came to North America in 2009 (as a kid) because he wanted to play in the NHL. That hasn't changed.

This.

Isn't his girlfriend American as well?  Noway he's jumping ship to the KHL. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.