Zemgus to KHL?

Brawndo

I'm surprised at the amount of people including WGR staff that take this stuff serious. He ain't goin nowheres.

I'm not surprised by anything the WGR staff says or takes seriously. Clowns need to talk about something.

If he goes, he goes.

Read this as Risto saying it, a la Drago. (Ivan was the implication, no?)

As for Zemgus, I don't think it's hard to tell he loves it here (in America, the NHL). He's not leaving. Signed or traded. Or both.

General question to all, if you could keep one, Girgensons or Ennis, the other traded, who would you keep?

As for Zemgus, I don't think it's hard to tell he loves it here (in America, the NHL). He's not leaving. Signed or traded. Or both.

General question to all, if you could keep one, Girgensons or Ennis, the other traded, who would you keep?

Can't answer that without knowing more about Ennis's health.

Can't answer that without knowing more about Ennis's health.

Nor without knowing what would be coming back.

I would answer it assuming "adequate return" for either, but I do need to know whether Ennis can return to form, because if he can, he's the one I'm keeping.

But without knowing what's coming back (& whatever other separate deals get made) it's hard to pick one. They play very different roles & if the team winds up separately w/ say Stamkos the choice might be vastly different than if they don't get him nor Vessey nor other lucked into salary purge trade for a top 6 wing & are still looking at top 6 winger as the piece that going forward is still team's 2nd biggest need.

I suppose those variables leave the question unanswerable. A lot does depend on Ennis's health and who would get the better return. There could be a situation where we get the best return for Girgs, because of Ennis's health concerns, but are the benefactors long term when Ennis regains and sustains his health.

Almost the entire thing hinges on the health of Ennis, in terms of who's value is higher as a player, both in a trade and as a contributor on the team.

But without knowing what's coming back (& whatever other separate deals get made) it's hard to pick one. They play very different roles & if the team winds up separately w/ say Stamkos the choice might be vastly different than if they don't get him nor Vessey nor other lucked into salary purge trade for a top 6 wing & are still looking at top 6 winger as the piece that going forward is still team's 2nd biggest need.

Ya, of the two, Ennis is still the one that has the ability to be a consistent top 6 presence, all injury concerns being mitigated. I value Ennis higher if we aren't addressing the top 6 wing need this summer. But if we do, Girgensons may become more valuable to us.

I suppose those variables leave the question unanswerable. A lot does depend on Ennis's health and who would get the better return. There could be a situation where we get the best return for Girgs, because of Ennis's health concerns, but are the benefactors long term when Ennis regains and sustains his health.

Almost the entire thing hinges on the health of Ennis, in terms of who's value is higher as a player, both in a trade and as a contributor on the team.

Ya, of the two, Ennis is still the one that has the ability to be a consistent top 6 presence, all injury concerns being mitigated. I value Ennis higher if we aren't addressing the top 6 wing need this summer. But if we do, Girgensons may become more valuable to us.

Thanks. Which was all I was getting at. In a vacuum, Ennis' health & ability to find a line he fits in with is overriding on the decision. But if they've added 1-2 legit potential near term (2-3 years out) top 6, Ennis' health is far less a concern (except in regards to what would he be worth to another GM) than if they haven't found that piece.

And if they've addressed top 6 already w/ only spending cash, include 'em both if necessary in the package for Risto's partner.

Yup. He's not going. Murray will get him signed.

...and then expose him in the expansion draft

Kidding. I was looking at the roster on www.generalfanager.com and I am having a reaaaally hard time protecting 7 forwards. I protect ROR and Kane. Then I protect Zemgus, Ennis, Foligno, and Larsson. But then who? Nic D? Gionta?

...and then expose him in the expansion draft

Kidding. I was looking at the roster on www.generalfanager.com and I am having a reaaaally hard time protecting 7 forwards. I protect ROR and Kane. Then I protect Zemgus, Ennis, Foligno, and Larsson. But then who? Nic D? Gionta?

If it comes down to Deslauriers or Gionta, it's D'Lo every day & twice on Sunday. ;)

If he goes, he goes.

Exactly.  If we're going to another level he's not the type of player you worry about losing.

Roles are earned and with the available playing time on a team still rebuilding he gaffed. 

Edited by 7+6=13

Where is his spot on this roster going forward?  Not specifically who are his linemates, but where does he slot it?  2nd line winger?  3rd line center?

I'm just wondering where everyone sees him fitting....and then will whatever you pay him slot into that spot?

Where is his spot on this roster going forward?  Not specifically who are his linemates, but where does he slot it?  2nd line winger?  3rd line center?

I'm just wondering where everyone sees him fitting....and then will whatever you pay him slot into that spot?

Middle-6 wing. Whether I trade him depends on who else we acquire. I still like Girgensons, it just comes down to whether or not he's the best option there.

Nah

I see Zemgus in a 4th line C, 1st pair PK role with some occasional PP time who can alot up as needed for injury.

Initially I disagreed w/ that. But after thinking about late season line pairings, you gotta wonder. Larson has earned his spot as a 3rd line center. Foligno, Larson and Gionta were very effective. So that leave two places for Girgensons. 2nd line wing or 4th line center. Bailey will be coming into to play this season, Ennis will hopefully return to form and you gotta factor in the possibility of Murray bringing in a top 6 forward. It'll be interesting to see who is where when the puck is dropped in October.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.