2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

Right.

Letang is a guy with a well-earned reputation for stick-work. Who's the Sabre who used to have the same rep -- Sheppard? Audette?

spear.gif

Oh jeez, the rib rake.

It's Stalberg's duty to know where his throat is at all times.

Very nice. I was going to go with, "He put his neck in a vulnerable position at the last second."

I saw that there will be no hearing for Letang.

3o6ozwWClQbqE3bIPu.gif

This league never ceases to amaze me.

I got a hold of Coli's text to Don Cherry: "Stolberhg is a sweedish woos and hedeserve tit."

Oh jeez=holy ######. It did look like a spear-plus. Plus a rake of the rib cage. Nasty stuff.

copy that.

If memory serves me correctly, both of them. I have vivid memories of Audette engaging in some sneaky stick-related nastiness for sure...

and now i am trying to remember what small-ish goal scoring sabre told funny stories about rob ray schooling him on defensive stick work (note: not throat slashes - i don't think). saw him in an interview, recalling how rob said he wanted to talk to him about how to use his stick, and the goal scorer was like "this 4th line energy fighter is going to teach me how to use my stick?!"

It's downright exhausting.

That moment when eating lunch AND reading Sabrespace has its downside. Wish I was between bites on that...

Tarasenko is a beast.

Drouin's incessant stick tapping drives me crazy, I can't imagine how his teammates feel about it. Victor freaking Hedman can see you, kid. He's not some goon with no vision.

A quote from James Neal's article on The Players' Tribune: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/james-neal-predators-sniper/

I’ll tell you one more thing you might not know about my job: You cannot, under any circumstances, tap your stick on the ice to call for a pass, no matter how open you are. I did this once during my first year in Dallas. Brad Richards was my linemate. The guy is one of the best teammates I ever had. Brad was coming down on a rush with the puck and I found some space. I thought I was open, so I started banging my stick on the ice like we were playing street hockey.When we got back to the bench, he looked over at me and shook his head.

Instantly, I realized: Oh, man. Conn Smythe. Stanley Cup. Brad Richards. I think I messed up.  

He goes, “Kid, if you ever bang your stick on the ice again, you’ll never get another pass from me.”

Thanks, bud. I still think I’m always open, I just don’t tap my stick anymore.

So, word is that the NHL (maybe not the DoPS?) saw the Letang hit as ... accidental.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/why-kris-letang-won-t-have-nhl-player-safety-hearing-for-slash-154651639.html

I can *almost* see it being accidental, but the rule says you must control your stick in any case.

So, word is that the NHL (maybe not the DoPS?) saw the Letang hit as ... accidental.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/why-kris-letang-won-t-have-nhl-player-safety-hearing-for-slash-154651639.html

I read it. I don't buy it. And now I'm going to have to be talked at by a ridiculously overbearing penguins fan at work tonight about how stalberg is a diving little bitch.... All while I very visible try to ignore every word he says.

1. Here we see President Kennedy shift forward in his seat to say something to Governor Connally.

2. Now the President's head is thrust forward ever so slightly.

3. The bullet now has no choice but to meet the president head-on.

4. The limousine speeds up from 12.3 to 12.35 MPH, adding further energy to the head's strike against the bullet.

Therefore, the Department of Player Safety suspends President Kennedy's head for 10 games.

1. Here we see President Kennedy shift forward in his seat to say something to Governor Connally.

4. The limousine speeds up from 12.3 to 12.35 MPH, adding further energy to the head's strike against the bullet.

Therefore, the Department of Player Safety suspends President Kennedy's head for 10 games.

Poor bullet never had a chance.

Well done.

I saw that there will be no hearing for Letang.

3o6ozwWClQbqE3bIPu.gif

This league never ceases to amaze me.

Shaw gets a one game suspension for using a homophobic slur.

So much for sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.