2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

Boston wins the first tw........Oh wait F Boston!!!!

I have Detroit beating Tampa in 7, although I think I'm wrong there is no Stamkos and Datsyuk is gonna be extra hungry.

Caps and Pens will be good (if that happens)

Anyone have any input out west, almost seems like any team could make a run out there

Well, this my be one of the last times for a while I get to root for the Wings in the post season. Just in time for the Sabres to squeak in as the Wings head out. I'd normally say Tampa'd make quick work of the lackluster boys from Detroit, but with all their injuries, there's a chance Tampa hits the golf course first this year. 

Best part of the year is here, NHL playoffs.

Panthers-Islanders start their series with 3 games in 4 nights. Fantastic scheduling........ I hope there is a good reason for it. Not like there's anything going on at the BB&T Center that needs to be worked around.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Panthers-Islanders start their series with 3 games in 4 nights. Fantastic scheduling........ I hope there is a good reason for it. Not like there's anything going on at the BB&T Center that needs to be worked around.

And Anaheim-Nashville don't start until Friday.

No, there's no good reason for any of it.

Arena availability issues in both cities is the reason, I've been told.

Arena availability issues in both cities is the reason, I've been told.

Not according to the arena websites.  Florida could host Wednesday and Friday and Brooklyn could host Sunday and Wednesday (as presently scheduled).

Not according to the arena websites.  Florida could host Wednesday and Friday and Brooklyn could host Sunday and Wednesday (as presently scheduled).

There's a concert at BBT on Wednesday. There's boxing at Barclay's on Monday. So they had those four days to fit the first three games of the series.

it'll be interesting to see what happens if the Isles advance. Later this month, they're holding a concert out in Brooklyn to watch the island bridges blow.

There's a concert at BBT on Wednesday. There's boxing at Barclay's on Monday. So they had those four days to fit the first three games of the series.

it'll be interesting to see what happens if the Isles advance. Later this month, they're holding a concert out in Brooklyn to watch the island bridges blow.

Oops, you're right; I missed the concert.

The concert out in Brooklyn isn't until next year, I think.

Edited by Eleven

Really want to see a battle for Florida and Ovi vs. Crosby in the east. Dallas vs. Chicago has the potential for a million goals and I'd like to see the Hawks play the Kings again so I'll be rooting for LA over San Jose. I hope the Preds win but I don't see that happening. 

No--I had it wrong--see above.

You were right about Florida, arena schedule is open. They could have played the first game on Wednesday to prevent the back to back Thurs/Fri. Maybe they thought it was too many Wednesday games. Maybe they thought Brooklyn needed one more night off since they finished with a back to back. Who knows....

You were right about Florida, arena schedule is open. They could have played the first game on Wednesday to prevent the back to back Thurs/Fri. Maybe they thought it was too many Wednesday games. Maybe they thought Brooklyn needed one more night off since they finished with a back to back. Who knows....

There is a concert Wednesday:  http://www.thebbtcenter.com/events/detail/pentatonix

You're right, I missed that. Nothing until May 8 after that though. 3 events in 3 nights for the arena staff, they're not used to that. Should be good for scheduling for the 2nd round. :D

Edited by JJFIVEOH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.