GDT: Columbus @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 4-8-2016

WildCard

I mean, we should be appreciated, right? We watch every single one of these games, and ###### post on a forum long enough where 10/10 doctors don't recommend; livers and fingers simply can't take such constant constraints. But God dammit, we, the fans, deserve our own shindig. And, folks, this is our last pity party. For the last 5 years, Fan Appreciation Day is a day where this organization apologies for acting like a bunch of jamboys trying following Chevy Chase at the Augusta National. We sit there, we accept it, we acknowledge good times are ahead. Well, ###### your wait, and mine, because they're here.

Your Buffalo Sabres are 19-13-7 in their last 39 games, and 7-2-2 in their last 11. Winners of 3 straight, their best streak since November, the Sabres have worked hard to climb out of the cellar of the NHL and escape the lame, deformed league experiment chained in rusty shackles to the wall that is the NHL's Edmonton Oilers. It's seems like only yesterday that some were lamenting the Sabres perpetual demise; our inevitable turmoil seemed just that, inevitable. Doomed to stir in our own filth in that basement with the 5 inbred sons of the Edmonton Oilers, and a crying Connor McDavid in the corner whispering prayers to himself as Robin Williams yells 'IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT', some saw no escape for this team. Yet, AND YET, where are we now, I ask you? We climb, higher and higher, out of our proverbial cave molded by Plato, with Play-Doh, and we look above our wall and see the future. It's here, guys. Quit wishing for draft picks, and thinking it will never end. It's ended

Meanwhile, the Jackets suck. Sorry, Columbus, that's just the truth. Though, Saad has 29 goals on the year, and they do have the better Foligno. Still, if Torts doesn't berate anyone into demanding a trade or just pure misery, I'll eat my socks. Columbus is 4-6-0 in their last 10, and are coming off a 5-1 win at Toronto on Wednesday.

Game Preview

All Stats:
Columbus @ Buffalo (4-2 win)
Buffalo @ Columbus (4-0 win)

Thursday Practice Report

Buffalo Lines:

Experiments:
ZEMGUS GIRGENSONS    - RYAN O'REILLY   -  SCHNEIDER

NICOLAS DESLAURIERS  -    JACK EICHEL   -  SAM REINHART

MARCUS FOLIGNO   -  JOHAN LARSSON   -  BRIAN GIONTA

MATT MOULSON  -  DAVID LEGWAND   -  RODRIGUES

One of these is our 2nd leading scorer in our last 24 games:

JOSH GORGES   -  RASMUS RISTOLAINEN

JAKE MCCABE   -  ZACH BOGOSIAN

MARK PYSYK   -  CASEY NELSON

492377388_slide.jpg

Edited by WildCard

I mean, we should be appreciated, right? But God dammit, we, the fans, deserve our own shindig. And, folks, this is our last pity party. For the last 5 years, Fan Appreciation Day is a day where this organization apologies for acting like a bunch of jamboys

My all time favorite was getting the renewal invoice on Fan Appreciation Day. An innocent gaffe? Hmmmm. This year they sent it earlier than ever. But probably only to prime us to start getting used to playoff invoices sometime in March going forward. :P

Good reference to the draft picks. I would like another high pick but .500 is a huge accomplishment for these guys, so let's go get those points and pass the Habs.

Watched the Oilers tribute to Rexall Place the other night and McDavid looks sad all of the time. They won the game, every Oiler legend is there, the fans are still behind the team but Connor sees himself shackled in the dungeon, stepping in a cesspool of bad management. I think we'll be seeing a bigger than Stamkos UFA circus in a few years.

Jack will show him what a rebuild is.

Great stuff, WC.  These GDTs are another reason the future looks bright.

And 19-13-7 in their last 39 games means that if they win out, they will finish the 2nd half of the season above DeLuca .500.  Yes please.

Much appreciated, nfreeman

WC, where do you find these great HD photos?

Google images  :lol:

Kasdorf gets his first career NHL Start tonight

Beat me to it

Jason Kasdorf first off the ice this morning, looks likely he'll make his @NHL debut tonight.#CBJvsBUF

Sounds like tonight is our experiment night

They've had a bunch of guest hosts in his spot lately. Rivet a couple of times, and he's been good.

Rivet, Peters and Matthew Coller have a podcast called the Hockey Buffs on GR, it has been excellent to listen to. Rivet is very honest in his assessments about players. I wonder if they will do rotating hosts amongst Rivet, Peters, Coller with Marty Biron and maybe Brian Duff mixed in?

Rivet, Peters and Matthew Coller have a podcast called the Hockey Buffs on GR, it has been excellent to listen to. Rivet is very honest in his assessments about players. I wonder if they will do rotating hosts amongst Rivet, Peters, Coller with Marty Biron and maybe Brian Duff mixed in?

I'd stick with the collar, Peters, rivet line up. Solid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.