World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

Michal Kempný from Czech Republic LHD. Elliott mentioned on NHL Live that the Hawks, Sabres and Canucks are trying to bring him over. I think hes playing for Czech in the World Cup but i don't know much about him. He's 25 and went undrafted, played last year in the KHL. Anyone know about this guy?

No surprise as that's been Perry's MO his entire career. I am a little curious why it debilitated Laine so much. It didn't look like hard contact. Maybe he has an injury to that leg?

Kid had it coming. He should've had his head up, or down, or wherever. He should have known that you don't embarrass a consumate pro like Corey Perry by skating in front of him like that w/out expecting something coming back. /every single hockey dinosaur that believes Mike Milbury should continue to have a job speaking publicly about hockey. :p

Perry has long been known as a pos alfresson like guy with lots of skill but a scum on the ice.

who? the sens long time captain?

IIHF is reviewing the Corey Perry incident.

Just watched it. Jesus Christmas. What the hell is wrong with that guy?

AND. AND. He's wearing the C.

Man - awful.

Michal Kempný from Czech Republic LHD. Elliott mentioned on NHL Live that the Hawks, Sabres and Canucks are trying to bring him over. I think hes playing for Czech in the World Cup but i don't know much about him. He's 25 and went undrafted, played last year in the KHL. Anyone know about this guy?

from http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2016/5/15/11678100/michal-kempny-blackhawks-free-agency-rumors-nhl-khl-2016

"He’s a mobile defenseman," Bowman said. "He’s got that mixture of offense and defense. I would call him a really well-rounded guy. He can defend well in his own end. Mobility, he’s a good skater. He can transition the puck. He can sort of play a well-rounded game, which I think as a defenseman, you’ve seen our team play a lot, you have to be able to defend for our coaches to be able to rely on you. He’s got that ability to sort of play both ways."

from http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2016/5/15/11678100/michal-kempny-blackhawks-free-agency-rumors-nhl-khl-2016

"He’s a mobile defenseman," Bowman said. "He’s got that mixture of offense and defense. I would call him a really well-rounded guy. He can defend well in his own end. Mobility, he’s a good skater. He can transition the puck. He can sort of play a well-rounded game, which I think as a defenseman, you’ve seen our team play a lot, you have to be able to defend for our coaches to be able to rely on you. He’s got that ability to sort of play both ways."

thanks, might be worth a look

who? the sens long time captain?

Just watched it. Jesus Christmas. What the hell is wrong with that guy?

AND. AND. He's wearing the C.

Man - awful.

He's the effing T-Rex all these Canadian dinosaurs salivate over when thinking about the perfect player. filthy, cheap, dirty, gritty and will drop the gloves. I'm surprised all the desks don't rise when they are doing highlights.

• 2 weeks later...

Team USA legitimately may finish dfl in that tourney. That roster isnjust -- yuck.

Leaving Kessel and Shattenkirk off?

Having two Johnson's on the team but not the best one in Tyler Johnson?

Team North America is going to have a field day against this team

Edited by BRAWNDO

I am starting to hate this whole idea.  Matthews in with no nhl experience Sam out, no Kessel.  Just let each country field a squad set the top 6, Canada, Russia, Sweden Finland USA and  Czech.  Let everyone else play in in August.  Each team can draft a player from a team not in the play in.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.