World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

Um, does anyone actually give a crap about Panthers/Broncos?

I'll be watching hockey. The NFL season starts on Sunday.

You can watch pre-pre-pre-season hockey; I'll be watching the Super Bowl rematch.

Are you kidding?  The WC itself is a freaking joke.  The warmups before it?  Nah, I'll take regular-season football.

You can watch pre-pre-pre-season hockey; I'll be watching the Super Bowl rematch.

Are you kidding? The WC itself is a freaking joke. The warmups before it? Nah, I'll take regular-season football.

Why not both? I'll prolly watch the hockey game live, and dvr the american football game so I can save 4hrs of my life.

You fancy people with your guitars and guns and DVRs might be able to do that, but for me, it's the sports bar.

No kidding. I think I can stream the football game on my phone (thanks Verizon) but not to my TV (thanks Verizon). If the game is on ESPN2, I doubt I'll be able to find a legitimate stream. I'll have to watch the highlights whenever they show up.

Are you kidding?  The WC itself is a freaking joke.  The warmups before it?  Nah, I'll take regular-season football.

But,… it's hockey. The NFL is getting tougher and tougher for me to watch.

But,… it's hockey. The NFL is getting tougher and tougher for me to watch.

I agree.  I also know I'll be in bed before either game ends.  

But I'm not treating a pre-NHL-"World Cup" game with any degree of seriousness whatsoever.  I'll give it the same attention that I gave the Bills last Thursday, i.e., little to none.

I agree.  I also know I'll be in bed before either game ends.  

But I'm not treating a pre-NHL-"World Cup" game with any degree of seriousness whatsoever.  I'll give it the same attention that I gave the Bills last Thursday, i.e., little to none.

Me too. That's why I'll be watching hockey. The NFL takes itself too seriously. The WC will be fun. Does anybody actually remember fun in sports?

Team NA Lines remained the same today with Eichel and McDavid together on the PP. McClellan mentioned the reason they will work together so well, is that  during video review the coaches determined that neither player goes to the same area of the ice while on the PP. 

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/eichel-mcdavid-teaming-on-powerful-power-play-20160906

Explain the halfwall concerns to me.

I thought thought the PP worked something like this, with Eichel rotating between the point and the halfwall.

<---SAMSON--->

^                         ^

I-------------------I

I

O

^                           K                         ^

I                            P                          I

E                          O                          O

I                            S                          R

C                          O                          E

H                                                       I

E                                                       L

L                                                       Y

<---RISTOLAINEN--->

Edited by dudacek

Explain the halfwall concerns to me.

I thought thought the PP worked something like this, with Eichel rotating between the point and the halfwall.

<---SAMSON--->

^                         ^

I-------------------I

I

O

^                           K                         ^

I                            P                          I

E                          O                          O

I                            S                          R

C                          O                          E

H                                                       I

E                                                       L

L                                                       Y

<---RISTOLAINEN--->

Eichel had the puck a lot less when he was up on Risto's left, facing the net, but there were times where he was on the right side and visibly stuck with very few options. It was a consistent source of frustration for me. Just by my eye test, when he was stapled on the half-wall, and avoided the point, he generated much better scoring chances, and Risto could take his one-timer from the middle/left side of the point if the puck worked its way around to O'Reilly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.