GDT: Buffalo @ Anaheim, 10:30 pm est, 2-24-2016

WildCard

So, the first game without ROR was just a little shaky, but that was to be expected, right? Well, let's hope for a better showing tonight as your Buffalo Sabres will start out their California swing against the red-hot Anaheim Ducks. The Sabres will look for a better showing this time around and rebound from their 4-3 loss at the hands of the Penguins on Sunday afternoon. The loss of future captain and current assistant captain was truly evident Sunday afternoon, as the Sabres consistently lost on key face-offs, especially in their own zone, and were forced to throw together lines that saw a an AHL rookie play on the 1st line and Jamie McGinn...well , he's been there all year, so never mind. However, there were some bright spots. Zach Bogosian put up 2 goals in an offensive showing that screams Kane hooked him up at breakfast, and a line led by Johan Larsson really kept Crosby's line in check, and actually shut them down for a large portion of the game. Fingers tied the Sabres recognize the value of Larsson in a DD run team, and choose to keep him.

The Ducks have rebounded and rebounded big. Coach Emilio Estevez has his team really believing again, and his V has inspired the team to really work hard and sweat out a full 82 seconds games and go for plan A this time, instead of plan B. The Ducks have gone 8-1-1 in their last 10, have won 5 straight, and are 20-5-3 since they last played the Sabres. It should hardly be surprising given the talent and past finishes of this team, and it looks like the Ducks are once again poised for another playoff disappointment

The Sabres will be without Mike Weber, as the long-term Buffalo veteran has been traded to the Washington Capitals for a 2017 3rd round pick. Losing Weber means Cola is in the line-up as Franson is still injured.

Game Preview 

STATS:
All Stats Anaheim @ Buffalo(3-0 win) 
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart 

Tuesday Practice report

Defenseman Cody Franson, out for one game with an upper-body injury, was back at practice on Tuesday morning, albeit in a red non-contact jersey. Franson was injured in the head and neck area on a hit into the boards in Columbus on Friday night.

"That's an indication of where he's at – a no-contact day for Cody," Bylsma said. "He's dealing with, probably, at least one or maybe two injuries so he's got some ways to go I think before he leaves the red jersey behind him."

Forwards:
Evander Kane – 23 Sam Reinhart – 56 Justin Bailey

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 15 Jack Eichel – 88 Jamie McGinn

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 26 Matt Moulson/19 Cal O'Reilly

Defense:
Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 47 Zach Bogosian

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 3 Mark Pysyk

The Ghost of Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson

Captain Insano:

40 Robin Lehner
31 Chad Johnson

ducks-sabres.jpg

Well, I am, I'm going to the game with my dad. Excited to finally see Eichel and Reinhart in person.

Good for you.  Out on the left coast, it makes sense.

I'm in the midst of a 14 hour marathon today.  No way will I be awake when that puck drops.

Well, I am, I'm going to the game with my dad. Excited to finally see Eichel and Reinhart in person.

Enjoy the game.

As for me, 10:30 PM (EST) is 11:30 PM (real time), so no.

GO SABRES!!

I have a feeling this could get ugly.  Although, on the other hand, it's a great opportunity for Eich and Rhino and Kane ... to really show what they are made of.

Bold prediction Lehner gets in a fight, a real one.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Is anyone actually going to watch this?  Be honest.

I will be.  Can't wait.

I'm interested to see how the two rooks handle the top 2 centre line duties.

Wish it was a 10 start though.  That extra half hour at that time kills me. 

I'll be watching. Late night games give me incentive to actually start homework and studying before 9pm, so I should have everything done nice and early today, and I don't have class tomorrow until 2:30. I'm feeling a win tonight.

I miss those days!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.