Trade Deadline 2016

Eleven

Questions to ponder as the market sets:

Is Cody Franson better than Roman Polak?

How about Josh Gorges?

Jamie McGinn?

Question 1:  Yes, better than Polak

Question 2:  Yes, better than Polak

Question 3:  Enter any team with a chance at the playoffs needing an around the net clanker with good locker room veteran instincts.  

Edited by TheCerebral1

And I think - I think that would likely be a good thing. A sign that good things were accomplished.

He's open and honest that he'll get what he can in the marketplace for pending free agents.  The interesting area will be: Moulson, Ennis, etc and possibly if he moves a pending RFA.  

Questions to ponder as the market sets:

Is Cody Franson better than Roman Polak?

How about Josh Gorges?

Jamie McGinn?

I wouldn't be surprised if Zemgus went somewhere

Question 1:  Yes, better than Polak

Question 2:  Yes, better than Polak

Question 3:  Enter any team with a chance at the playoffs needing an around the net clanker with good locker room veteran instincts.  

He's open and honest that he'll get what he can in the marketplace for pending free agents.  The interesting area will be: Moulson, Ennis, etc and possibly if he moves a pending RFA.  

His value is pretty low right now

Wrong thread.

Well, don't worry, because he's in the AHL Pacific Division and is likely to stay there.  They're not even moving him to the Marlies.

Considering the Marlies already have a couple of non-Loafs loaned to them, they'd probably have to drop someone they do want to find room for him.

Well, don't worry, because he's in the AHL Pacific Division and is likely to stay there.  They're not even moving him to the Marlies.

I forgot who that just happened to recently, but is this a newer thing? I don't really recall teams letting players play for other AHL squads, but I guess team control doesn't matter too much with guys like Torres

I forgot who that just happened to recently, but is this a newer thing? I don't really recall teams letting players play for other AHL squads, but I guess team control doesn't matter too much with guys like Torres

It is not really a new thing. As Taro pointed out, Washington loaned Olaf Kolzig to Rochester, then a Buffalo affiliate, many moons ago. There other examples. Teams rarely do it now mostly because they prefer to keep a closer eye on their own prospects.

Hearing Canucks & Flames have completed a deal. Markus Granlund to VAN. Hunter Shinkaruk to CGY. Not sure what else is involved. #NHL

Vancouver doesn't have any idea what route they want to take, do they?

Man am I ever glad we didn't hire Benning to be our GM. 

Edit: Maybe I'm underrating Granlund. Corey Pronman give the small edge to Vancouver: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sobp90

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Man am I ever glad we didn't hire Benning to be our GM. 

Edit: Maybe I'm underrating Granlund. Corey Pronman give the small edge to Vancouver: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sobp90

They probably aren't in a stage where they should be trying to patch a roster by giving up prospects, regardless of how much better Granlund is than what they gave up. He's certainly not going to push them over the edge, but might be enough to keep them away from a franchise player in the draft.

Them and the Sharks.

At least the Sharks have a decent core of talent, with Burns/Vlasic/Pavelski/Couture, and those old guys Marleau and Thornton. Vancouver has the old guys (Sedin twins) and not much else. Edler? Vrbata? I love Horvat but they should be looking to build a core with him and young pieces/draft picks, not the Brandon Sutters and Granlunds of the world

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.