Trade Deadline 2016

Eleven

Dale Weise is the Dominic Moore of this year's deadline that some playoff team will waste their time acquiring because they're too scared to pursue the bigger fish on the market. If only Darcy was somebody's GM.

Well, had the Sabres re-signed Moore they'd've been far better off than they were. (Letting him go was just an amplification of letting Zubrus go after they forked up the 2 captains.)

I actually had this thought, too.  :blush:

I'd like Liger and X back, please.

X'll be back & it'll be awesome.

Vancouver doesn't have any idea what route they want to take, do they?

Clearly not, Granlund is barely an NHL player.  He's also scrawny and undersized.  I wouldn't call Shinkaruk a sure thing, but he has more potential for sure.  Benning didn't draft him, so another guy out the door they didn't develop.  He might lose his job sooner than later.  I actually liked/defended the Sutter deal, but with his injuries all season that looks like a bust.  

I was terrified we were going to hire Benning and fears appear to be warranted.

This, however, is just a lesser version of the Hodgson/Kassian deal: a prospect one team has soured on for a prospect another team has soured on.

Granlund is only a year older than Shinkaruk. Neither is a sure NHLer.

Edited by dudacek

I was terrified we were going to hire Benning and fears appear to be warranted.

This, however, is just a lesser version of the Hodgson/Kassian deal: a prospect one team has soured on for a prospect another team has soured on.

Granlund is only a year older than Shinkaruk. Neither is a sure NHLer.

There were posters that had raging hard ons for Shinkaruk. Where'd those posters go?

I forgot who that just happened to recently, but is this a newer thing? I don't really recall teams letting players play for other AHL squads, but I guess team control doesn't matter too much with guys like Torres

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23910-2016-pre-deadline-trades/page-2?do=findComment&comment=793382

It is not really a new thing. As Taro pointed out, Washington loaned Olaf Kolzig to Rochester, then a Buffalo affiliate, many moons ago. There other examples. Teams rarely do it now mostly because they prefer to keep a closer eye on their own prospects.

Yep.  We all know what the prospectus is on Torres.  He's due another suspension, right... about.... 

Besides Marlies are top in the league.. Toronto doesn't want that coming in.  This was worse than any trade the Sabres made last year.  A clear dump of space, people, everything.

Maybe they're looking for insurance from finding themselves in the Sabres' shoes (skates?) circa May/June 2006.

Or circa 2010.  There's a good chance they face Boston first, and maybe they don't want to be skate-stomped out of the playoffs.

Edited by Eleven

Or circa 2010.  There's a good chance they face Boston first, and maybe they don't want to be skate-stomped out of the playoffs.

I hadn't had a chance to look at the matchups or lineups,, but I was thinking Weber would make a ton of sense for a team that's worried about toughness in the play-offs.

Edit: Franson NOT in non-contact practice jersey today as he was yesterday. Bylsma said yesterday he would be in the non-contact jersey for "a while," per Harrington.

Some chatter on the Twitter machine among Sabres reporters today that the likelihood of Franson being traded seems to be increasing.

Edited by Hoss

Edit: Franson NOT in non-contact practice jersey today as he was yesterday. Bylsma said yesterday he would be in the non-contact jersey for "a while," per Harrington.

Some chatter on the Twitter machine among Sabres reporters today that the likelihood of Franson being traded seems to be increasing.

Pittsburgh and Chicago would be logical choices.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.