Robin Lehner injury "not short-term"

Hoss

His injury changes nothing he was shaky at best. OchoCinco looked deece.

Lehner looked decent too. In fact, after the first goal, he looked good. As others have said, he needs playing time to shake off the rust. Now he has to wait longer for that.

Hopefully Johnson can hold the fort until Lehner can come back.

Lehner actually looked as good as he has in Blue and Gold — big and in control.

Franson and O'Reilly hung him out to dry on that first goal.

Sucks for him, but if it's long-term we need to add a goalie.

Johnson/Lieuwen will have us out of the playoffs by Christmas.

Hiller seems like the logical target. At 33 and expensive with Ramo the #1, he's clearly not in the long-term plans in Calgary. We have plenty of cap space to absorb the salary, and I bet we could get him pretty cheap. Plus he's at least decent. 5th rounder or so?

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Maybe the Canucks are willing to give up Miller.

That would be nice but they gave up Lack already, I think they want two goalies that can play in the NHL.

Hiller would be nice but wouldn't do more than a 4th rounder seeing his UFA status.   They are carrying 3 goalies up to this point, might even be able to pick him off waivers.

Edited by Huckleberry

Let me put it this way:  I have spent an incredibly wasteful portion of my life following the Buffalo Sabres.  I have spent ten years on this board and another ten before that on another board.  I am a season ticket holder.  I spent years of my life at sports bars watching this team before I moved back home (and before it was possible to get Center Ice over cable).  I believe that I am a fan who is relatively well-informed.

And yet, I had no idea the name of the Sabres' backup goalie until last night.

I suggest that this means the Sabs have a serious problem in net right now.

I also suggest that I need to get my life in order, but that's another situation beyond the scope of this thread.

Let me put it this way:  I have spent an incredibly wasteful portion of my life following the Buffalo Sabres.  I have spent ten years on this board and another ten before that on another board.  I am a season ticket holder.  I spent years of my life at sports bars watching this team before I moved back home (and before it was possible to get Center Ice over cable).  I believe that I am a fan who is relatively well-informed.

And yet, I had no idea the name of the Sabres' backup goalie until last night.

I suggest that this means the Sabs have a serious ###### problem in net right now.

I also suggest that I need to get my life in order, but that's another situation beyond the scope of this thread.

If you didn't know who our backup goalie was, then yes - you do need to get your life in order. :nana:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.