Robin Lehner injury "not short-term"

Hoss

That means either rushing Ullmark back from his injury or leaving Rochester with one goalie.

Please no.  I hate when we rush our young players for short-term needs.  Reminds me of when we kept Grigorenko in the NHL because we forgot to have any other options at center.

Just get a warm body with NHL experience and let Ocho Cinco be your starter for a month.

Please no.  I hate when we rush our young players for short-term needs.  Reminds me of when we kept Grigorenko in the NHL because we forgot to have any other options at center.

Just get a warm body with NHL experience and let Ocho Cinco be your starter for a month.

That is my preferred solution, unless, of course, the warm body in question turns out to be better than Johnson.

So GMTMs big splash in the goalie market lasted one inning.. 

Let's just hope that Lehner doesn't become to Murray what Tim Connolly was to Darcy Regier. 

IMO, this entire year is about what is being developed upfront with all the young talent. Lehner being injured 1 game or for the season changes nothing for me. 

Let's just hope that Lehner doesn't become to Murray what Tim Connolly was to Darcy Regier. 

IMO, this entire year is about what is being developed upfront with all the young talent. Lehner being injured 1 game or for the season changes nothing for me. 

This is where I'm at. And if we're to believe GMTM's very words that the ideal outcome of this season is to be better but still have a shot at the top pick, his poker face might have briefly become animated when he saw Lehner gimp off.

I am all for picking up Budaj off waivers as our back up, and letting Johnson get his chance. Does anyone really believe that the difference between whoever Calgary gives up and Johnson would be so great? And letting Budaj sit back up while our young ones keep playing in the AHL would be fine. 

This is where I'm at. And if we're to believe GMTM's very words that the ideal outcome of this season is to be better but still have a shot at the top pick, his poker face might have briefly become animated when he saw Lehner gimp off.

I let this one slide the first time but TM was taking a shot at the NHL when he mentioned that if you fight for that last playoff spot and don't make you still have a shot at a top three pick, albeit a slim one. So yes, his ideal scenario is to make the playoffs but hey if you come close and don't make it, getting a shot at a top three pick isn't a bad conciliation prize.

Bring on Hiller.

I would rather keep riding Johnson and give Nathan or Andrey some game time. No need to trade high picks for a goalie. I wasn't a fan of trading that first but I'm not a fan of what I've seen from Lerner anyway. For a guy his size he needs to come out and challenge these shooters instead of sitting so far back in his net and get picked apart. But I will give him time. Not a fan of trading for a goalie right now and then when Lerner comes back u have 3 goalies and one will need to get waived because their won't be any trade value in any of them. What started as our teams strength in defense a year ago has now become our weakness. Quicker and smooth breakouts lead to offense and I'm not seeing that.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

I let this one slide the first time but TM was taking a shot at the NHL when he mentioned that if you fight for that last playoff spot and don't make you still have a shot at a top three pick, albeit a slim one. So yes, his ideal scenario is to make the playoffs but hey if you come close and don't make it, getting a shot at a top three pick isn't a bad conciliation prize.

This year is no different than the pre-tank years. There is no need to hope for a 7/8 seed playoff spot. This team is not going anywhere this year. I don't think the plan expects it to. So as much as

I hate to say it - we will be talking draft picks a lot sooner than later.

We are in year 3 of a 5 year rebuild.

This year is no different than the pre-tank years. There is no need to hope for a 7/8 seed playoff spot. This team is not going anywhere this year. I don't think the plan expects it to. So as much as

I hate to say it - we will be talking draft picks a lot sooner than later.

We are in year 3 of a 5 year rebuild.

Just such a downer you are.

It's amazing how much can be foreseen just from 2 regular season games against playoff teams.

Most analysts know this team isn't making the playoffs. I don't want to believe it until we have about 40-50 games in. We obviously need to upgrade our defense and goaltending in the near future.

I don't think we are going to this year, either. I don't have rose-colored glasses on, I just think that saying we shouldn't even hope for it at this stage is a little bit too much of a depressing thing to say.

I don't think we are going to this year, either. I don't have rose-colored glasses on, I just think that saying we shouldn't even hope for it at this stage is a little bit too much of a depressing thing to say.

Like most say if this team was to compete for a playoff team this year a lot of players would have to exceed expectations.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.