Low Points of the Tank

Doohickie

Good thread, I like it.

The entire month of January was a low point, but probably the most infamous moment will forever be the fans cheering against us at home against the Coyotes. 

That, and PLF leaving, were the low points of the tank for me. Oh and losing the second lottery to Edmonton. Losing it to another team (not the Leafs) wouldn't have been terrible. But, Edmonton? You all know how it feels

Edited by WildCard

Our team was so terrible, all we could do to make an impact on the other team was fight.

Yeah they sucked, but that fight wasn't a low point of the season for me.   Stamkos was acting like a primadonna douche on the ice, and hedman went after zemgus' knees.

That fight was one of the few times this I thought we had a hockeyteam.

I must admit, as much as the tank sucked, I think the truly lowest point came *before* the tank.

Can't point to a specific moment, but watching the team deliver the same cramped-up, lackluster performances night after night, management and coaching making the same mistakes year after year while nobody seemed accountable for anything, was the absolute low point for me.

At least the tank said "We need to change".

When this:

felt like this:

That is simply the best way to put it.  When we were so in tune for Tanking that it hurt that we were beating the defacto would be Stanley Cup champions.  Praying to lose.  Just simply the lowest I will ever go for a sports team.  NEVER AGAIN!

When I truly didn't even care what happened, BEFORE LAST SEASON, was my low.  I understand the whole concept of tanking, and last season was a necessary evil for the last 8 seasons of purgatory.  Last season was just what had to happen...  The real pain, in hindsight, came before, during the endless spiral since 7/1/2007.  So many ghosts have been exercised though...  With that said, our team gooning it up against Tampa due to a b*tch play was one of the higher points!

It may not count as a low point since it was really a multiyear theme, but the fan vs. fan vs. media stuff was just awful.

I agree about the fan on fan part.

When it got ugly, really ugly, on this message board ... tank vs. anti-tank ... members questioning other members fandom ... that was the lowest of the low.

collectively this team has more backbone. You're still going to have problems if a true heavyweight picks on a star unless we dress a heavyweight.

While the Sabres don't have a true goon counter, most lines have a deterent against tough guys getting stupid. Line 1 - Kane, Line 2 Girgensons, Line 3 maybe McGinn (don't know enough about him to know if his is / could be), Line 4 Foligno and Deslauriers could also go. On D, there's Bogosian & Weber.

Not that worried about a true goon as there aren't nearly as many leaguewide as there used to be.

While the Sabres don't have a true goon counter, most lines have a deterent against tough guys getting stupid. Line 1 - Kane, Line 2 Girgensons, Line 3 maybe McGinn (don't know enough about him to know if his is / could be), Line 4 Foligno and Deslauriers could also go. On D, there's Bogosian & Weber.

Not that worried about a true goon as there aren't nearly as many leaguewide as there used to be.

I agree with you're assessment on overall team toughness. It appears the league is moving towards eliminating the true heavyweight that isn't good at hockey but imo it'll still take awhile and some teams may waste a roster spot on guys like this simply because they have no one else to fill the spot. This could create problems for teams that don't dress one or they can just overwhelm that team with speed and talent.

It may not count as a low point since it was really a multiyear theme, but the fan vs. fan vs. media stuff was just awful.

This.

Gleason's Article calling fans of Tank Losers.

The arguing over what was allowed to be posted in the GDT and CHL Threads.

The vitriol that was spewed towards the STHs who were anti-tank on social media platforms. After all they paid their hard earned money to watch the losses.

Some anti-tankers stating real fans of the team would never cheer for losses.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.