Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

You guys are going to be so disappointed when the 50th jerseys come out.

Nothing can survive the buildup.

If the 50th anniversary jerseys aren't exactly what the fans have been asking for then the Sabres will officially be the dumbest team in the history of sports. 

I wont be surprised at all when they completely it up. 

ORRRRR

They got perfect 1970 vintage..............with a huge coca-cola ad right on the front!!!

Who am i kidding, Coke would never sponsor the Sabres. The Sabres would have some company that no one recognizes, like some 3rd rate euro car company. 

I wont be surprised at all when they completely ###### it up. 

ORRRRR

They got perfect 1970 vintage..............with a huge ###### coca-cola ad right on the front!!!

Who am i kidding, Coke would never sponsor the Sabres. The Sabres would have some ###### company that no one recognizes, like some 3rd rate euro car company. 

It's gonna happen

We shall salvage the only ok thing from the turd. 

The home whites look way better than the blue. I wish they had kept the yellow collar going instead of stopping it short. 

Same.  I absolutely hate the yellow toilet seat collar around the neck.   It looked terrible on the Bills jerseys a few years ago and it will look terrible as a hockey jersey.  

It would look so much cleaner if it was just blue all the way around.

I will not be buying one for that reason alone.

Edited by pi2000

If the 50th anniversary jerseys aren't exactly what the fans have been asking for then the Sabres will officially be the dumbest team in the history of sports. 

They are going to wear all of the jerseys evr worn for the 50th and then they are going to go permanently to the royal blue. I am not sure if it will be identical to the original but it will be royal blue. Just wait until you see the Winter Classic jersey with NY/New York on it....your head will explode 

I don't like the multi-colored collar either. At least on the home (dark) jerseys the gold part seems to match the rest of the gold coloring though. One the road (white) jerseys the gold part of the collar doesn't even seem to match the rest of the gold coloring of the jersey. It looks like a freaking yellow highlighter. I'd say it could be due to the photo/camera quality, but it's obvious that the white jersey color doesn't match while the dark jersey collar does.

I don't really care for the lace up collar either, but that's more of a personal preference than just a complete screw up by their incompetent design team.

They are going to wear all of the jerseys evr worn for the 50th and then they are going to go permanently to the royal blue. I am not sure if it will be identical to the original but it will be royal blue. Just wait until you see the Winter Classic jersey with NY/New York on it....your head will explode 

Is that allowed, wearing everything they've had? Especially the black & red, don't third jerseys need to have colors that are present in the primary? 

It's an interesting concept, I'm completely on board with it. Even the slugs for a game. It'd be hysterical. 

How do you know this again?

WUT?  Please describe this.  My head needs to explode NOW.

Here are the new sweaters:

http://imgur.com/a/vQf13

Better. But not best.

I doubt we even GET new jerseys for the 50th.

I wont be surprised at all when they completely ###### it up. 

ORRRRR

They got perfect 1970 vintage..............with a huge ###### coca-cola ad right on the front!!!

Who am i kidding, Coke would never sponsor the Sabres. The Sabres would have some ###### company that no one recognizes, like some 3rd rate euro car company.

RC Cola.

They're gonna ###### it up. I just know it.

I'm betting on some incredible new fabric that some people see as blue and gold and other see as black and red. With a crest that features the slug arching over the other logos the team has used.

Edited by MattPie

One the road (white) jerseys the gold part of the collar doesn't even seem to match the rest of the gold coloring of the jersey. It looks like a freaking yellow highlighter. I'd say it could be due to the photo/camera quality, but it's obvious that the white jersey color doesn't match while the dark jersey collar does.

I think it's the photo.  There are sharp shadow lines near the top of the white jersey, not so on the blue one.  I think there's a light shining directly on the white jersey from the top making the collar look lighter than it really is.

I'm betting on some incredible new fabric that some people see as blue and gold and other see as black and red. With a crest that features the slug arching over the other logos the team has used.

:sick:

(You're right of course)

I think it's the photo.  There are sharp shadow lines near the top of the white jersey, not so on the blue one.  I think there's a light shining directly on the white jersey from the top making the collar look lighter than it really is.

:sick:

(You're right of course)

I guess that could be the case. Or the Sabres screwed it up. Which scenario do you think is more likely?

Especially given that they already screwed up the jersey by only removing some of the stupid gray portions while having multi-colored collars to begin with.

Edited by Drunkard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.