Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

I'm not a fan of the numbers on the front. Those were the product of the same Larry Quinn focus group sessions that gave us the slug, and they still remind me of that era. It seems like it was an attempt to promote fans/TV viewers associating players with their number by sticking the number right next to their face. However, the number on the front of the jersey became completely unnecessary once they added numbers on the helmets in ~2011. They seem redundant now and clutter up an otherwise clean design. I'm surprised to see the support for the numbers here, given the prevalent desire to go back to a more traditional jersey design. Would you all be alright with them going to old jersey designs and throwing the front numbers on there? 

I'm disappointed they decided to maintain the status quo with the jerseys (especially the striping on the whites), besides the obvious move to get rid of the pit stains and piping. I agree that they are likely waiting for the 50 year anniversary to do a more thorough overhaul of the jerseys. I wonder if part of the decision is waiting for the team to be better, so that they can launch new jerseys when people are more excited about the team, and so that people associate new jerseys with a better product. It would be interesting to hear the decision making process that goes into the timing of team aesthetics, with considerations for branding, etc.

I'll jump on the bandwagon that the WC whites are some of the best. 

Just noticed that the Wild jersey got the Pathers' "wanna be Montreal" treatment:

pi-north-wild-jersey-new-062017.vadapt.7

The Habs must be pissed.  They've had that design exclusively since the Blackhawks dropped it in the late 1930's (except for their WC/3rd homage to the same.)

Edit: don't get me wrong; it's a sharp looking jersey.

Edited by carpandean

I'm not a fan of the numbers on the front. Those were the product of the same Larry Quinn focus group sessions that gave us the slug, and they still remind me of that era. It seems like it was an attempt to promote fans/TV viewers associating players with their number by sticking the number right next to their face. However, the number on the front of the jersey became completely unnecessary once they added numbers on the helmets in ~2011. They seem redundant now and clutter up an otherwise clean design. I'm surprised to see the support for the numbers here, given the prevalent desire to go back to a more traditional jersey design. Would you all be alright with them going to old jersey designs and throwing the front numbers on there? 

I'm disappointed they decided to maintain the status quo with the jerseys (especially the striping on the whites), besides the obvious move to get rid of the pit stains and piping. I agree that they are likely waiting for the 50 year anniversary to do a more thorough overhaul of the jerseys. I wonder if part of the decision is waiting for the team to be better, so that they can launch new jerseys when people are more excited about the team, and so that people associate new jerseys with a better product. It would be interesting to hear the decision making process that goes into the timing of team aesthetics, with considerations for branding, etc.

I'll jump on the bandwagon that the WC whites are some of the best.

Smart.

Let's hope the people in charge of this are, too.

Just noticed that the Wild jersey got the Pathers' "wanna be Montreal" treatment:

The Habs must be pissed.  They've had that design exclusively since the Blackhawks dropped it in the late 1930's (except for their WC/3rd homage to the same.)

I really like what they did with Minnesota's jerseys. I think they've got one of the best transitions from their current set. 

Then when they go back to multiple stripes and whatnot somewhere down the line it'll look good again. 

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  And it's not like Minnie is the first to copy the Habs.

Florida-Panthers-Reebok-201617-Premier-R

Knew this thread would explode after last night.

The personal preference things always do.

Some nice changes... we'll see where things go from here.  

Also, the #'s only appeared on the blue sweaters?  The white one's did not have #'s on the front.

Knew this thread would explode after last night.

The personal preference things always do.

Some nice changes... we'll see where things go from here.  

Also, the #'s only appeared on the blue sweaters?  The white one's did not have #'s on the front.

They also don't have any on the shoulders, so I'd bet they'll still show up at some point.

Is it just me or does this look like a rugby jersey?  Wait, I get it....Rugby on Ice, a new show at Mandalay Bay.  :D

It does, and it's a nice look.  The new Panthers jerseys are among my favorite non-Sabres jerseys (along with the Columbus 3rds and the original Coyotes).

I could tell you the person who has done this since the slug but he is a friend. Trust me, I even sent him the rendition I loved a few pages back......nothing, won't budge.

Friend or not, he should have been tar and feathered for designing that horrible pit stain.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.