Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

Mike Monagahan on Twitter is reporting that Pommers and McCabe have an agreement for Jason to get 29, while McCabe will wear 19.

He has about 552 Followers, but the Sabres Bloggers are picking up on it so I believe there might be some legitimacy to the rumor.

Dammit, WHERE IS MY POLL?

The NHL is trying to create an in-state rival between the Rangers and the Sabres so they aren't even putting buffalo on our Jersey, they are putting New York

I am ###### furious.

There is no way that happens. Don't know if they will say Buffalo on them, but our regular jerseys don't, so who cares. They will be blue and gold.

There is no way that happens. Don't know if they will say Buffalo on them, but our regular jerseys don't, so who cares. They will be blue and gold.

It's happening and Sabres are wearing white as the home team. We will either have NY or New York on the jersey....he could not remember from when he saw it.

Full list:
Scandella - 6

Nelson - 8

Josefson - 10

Baptiste - 13

McCabe - 19

Fasching - 24

Fedun - 27

Pominville - 29

Pouliot - 67

Beaulieu - 82

Nylander - 92

Antipin - 93

Bailey - 95 

Beaulieu's number is gross and will be hard to disassociate with Foligno. I'm glad Rip decided the kids could pick their own. We should be much more aesthetically pleasing than last year with all of the 50s and 70s

• 3 weeks later...

and #6 is once again a defender

Yea and they ditched that pretty fast. 

Because Bob DiCesare at the Buffalo News led the butt hurt parade against it. What a slap in the face to Buffalo to be the state's flagship university! How do we stand the embarrassment??  There must be thousands of people wishing Penn State was called the University of State College!

This was the dumbest thing in UB history.  And that says a LOT.

Yup. How dare Buffalo represent all of New York State?

FWIW, Authentic Adidas jerseys are now available on shop.NHL.com.  MSRP $250 with name and number.  $180 without.  I think that's cheaper than the Reebok MSRP with name and number (thought Reebok was MSRP $250 not incl name and number), but I'm not sure.

If you're in the market and depending on the player, remember to wait until the captains and alternates are announced (usually 1st week of October).

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Because Bob DiCesare at the Buffalo News led the butt hurt parade against it. What a slap in the face to Buffalo to be the state's flagship university! How do we stand the embarrassment??  There must be thousands of people wishing Penn State was called the University of State College!

Yup. How dare Buffalo represent all of New York State?

Just caught this.  Do you identify as someone from NYS or as a Buffalonian?  Definitely the latter for me.  I don't feel any connection to the rest of the state at all.  This isn't Pennsylvania.  NYS doesn't really have a state identity like most states do.

Just caught this. Do you identify as someone from NYS or as a Buffalonian? Definitely the latter for me. I don't feel any connection to the rest of the state at all. This isn't Pennsylvania. NYS doesn't really have a state identity like most states do.

Plus it is REEEEAAALY apples & oranges. There isn't a Penn, PA with which people would get confused with College Station.

Whereas that NYSU city location would naturally get confused w/ the largest city in the US that just happens to share the same name w/ the state.

There are MANY people around the country that think NYS is one large city & that Buffalo is a suburb of NYC. Though describing it as SUNY at Buffalo is technically correct, describing it as UB conveys where it is much better IMHO.

Edited by Taro T

Plus it is REEEEAAALY apples & oranges. There isn't a Penn, PA with which people would get confused with College Station.

Whereas that NYSU city location would naturally get confused w/ the largest city in the US that just happens to share the same name w/ the state.

There are MANY people around the country that think NYS is one large city & that Buffalo is a suburb of NYC. Though describing it as SUNY at Buffalo is technically correct, describing it as UB conveys where it is much better IMHO.

And let's face it, Buffalo does not represent all of New York State.  That will never be the case.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.