Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

I like it in general, the stripes are a little odd. I like the gold charging Buffalo. I'm willing to sell my soul to get that blue back full time, though.

They weren't just going to run the old home whites, they have to make these things different every year.

Sure, but they didn't even try. Those thirds from a few years ago, now those were different but also good. 

These are putting A1 on a nice filet. 

I include the black and reds, but some would fight me on it.

As a stand alone jersey, I don't hate them. But the Sabres are defined by blue and gold, to change it up because they were trying to capitalize on the B-boy phenomenon of wearing all black and looking hood. They should be ashamed of themselves.

9 above looks better than 18 because the arms are bent. With 18, there appears to be too much white space between the stripes. Hopefully we don't field a team of that woman from Elaine's office who walked with her arms straight down.

I don't like the NY.

Otherwise, it looks kind of familiar. Why not something different?

I include the black and reds, but some would fight me on it.

As a stand alone jersey, I don't hate them. But the Sabres are defined by blue and gold, to change it up because they were trying to capitalize on the B-boy phenomenon of wearing all black and looking hood. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Bingo.

They were a success however.  I forget where I had read it but during that time they were one of the higher selling sweaters on the market and not just in Buffalo or with fans of course.  For an ownership group looking for money wherever they could find it they certainly succeeded.

That said, I think they were abominations.  I like the red crossed swords alternate they wore at one point (someone even gave me one) but the Sabres need to be royal and gold.

The other night someone at the rink asked who was playing Columbus.  They didn't recognize the black uniform.  Yep.. that's the problem.

These winter classic sweaters look like the old Original Six uniforms we would have had, had we been an original 6 franchise.

Also, I guess I am the only Sabres fan on Earth who dislikes the old royal blue.

It is a cheaper looking color compared to a deeper, more navy blue.

I actually rather dislike the overall look of our old uniforms; it's kind of a cheesy color combination. 

I didn't like it back when it was current and I don't like it now.

It always impresses me that "amateurs" produce sharper stuff than the "pros." That's really cool.

It's a "too many cooks in the kitchen" kinda deal. The jersey designer might come up with something great. He shows it to the guy paying for it and that guy says "that's awesome! Here's what you have to change." Then 3 more people give their 2 cents. And then the jerseys end up sucking. All because everyone had to add that one little thing.

Or maybe that didn't happen at all.

It's a "too many cooks in the kitchen" kinda deal. The jersey designer might come up with something great. He shows it to the guy paying for it and that guy says "that's awesome! Here's what you have to change." Then 3 more people give their 2 cents. And then the jerseys end up sucking. All because everyone had to add that one little thing.

Or maybe that didn't happen at all.

You're going to give Josie flashbacks to bad clients.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.