Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

Hat tip to the Sabres for not being able to put a working link to the photos of the jerseys on their own freaking mobile app.

Did we expect anything less?

#firstclass

Edited by ubkev

Basically the same for me. I bought a Winter Classic jersey and I have two of those Royal blue CCM hats. That's it.

Did you buy a game-worn WC jersey?  They never sold the actual WC jerseys: 

5bd201d3131b838c.jpg

What they sold as the WC jersey was just a throwback white.  No laces on the collar.  Not as dark blue.

Those should be our home jerseys now.

Edited by carpandean

Did you buy a game-worn WC jersey? They never sold the actual WC jerseys:

5bd201d3131b838c.jpg

What they sold as the WC jersey was just a throwback white. No laces on the collar. Not as dark blue.

Just one of the throwback whites. Got it with Numminen on it even though he was out for heart surgery.

Did you buy a game-worn WC jersey? They never sold the actual WC jerseys:

5bd201d3131b838c.jpg

What they sold as the WC jersey was just a throwback white. No laces on the collar. Not as dark blue.

That jersey is a work of art. And for anyone who wonders why I'm always freaking out about this stuff (other than it ties to my job), look how clean and strong our logo looks without all the unnecessary outlining. It's beautiful even in the navy blue. Edited by Robviously

That jersey is a work of art. And for anyone who wonders why I'm always freaking out about this stuff (other than it ties to my job), look how clean and strong our logo looks without all the unnecessary outlining. It's beautiful even in the navy blue.

Agreed. We should write a petition to Pegulas Inc

Just on quick perusal of all of the new jerseys, a few comments:

1) The designs for all of the teams seem to have been "simplified", i.e., made a little more "traditional".  Not a bad idea in general, but for some reason all of the jerseys look a little too...boring?  Meh.

2) I read the description on Adidas' web site of how many improvements have been made: lighter weight, stronger, etc.  Somewhere in that process, they made all of the jerseys less expensive-looking - like they were replicas instead of authentic.  Again, meh.

3) I don't like the addition of the white/gold split stripes on the dark Sabres jerseys, nor the split blue/silver (white?) stripes on the away sweaters.  Meh cubed.

4) I am glad to see the curved hem at the bottom of the jerseys is gone.

That's about it.  Nothing else to see here....move along, move along.

So long to the pit stain, a point of embarrassment for many seasons. I wonder who's the jag that came up with that idea?

I could tell you the person who has done this since the slug but he is a friend. Trust me, I even sent him the rendition I loved a few pages back......nothing, won't budge.

Just on quick perusal of all of the new jerseys, a few comments:

1) The designs for all of the teams seem to have been "simplified", i.e., made a little more "traditional".  Not a bad idea in general, but for some reason all of the jerseys look a little too...boring?  Meh.

I'd read from a couple of people on the Twitter that all that "space" we now see on the new jerseys is being reserved for the future placement of advertisement patches.

I'd read from a couple of people on the Twitter that all that "space" we now see on the new jerseys is being reserved for the future placement of advertisement patches.

Yup. Gotta find some way to increase revenue. Well, other than making the game appeal to a broader audience, can't have that happen! :wallbash:

Not surprised at all. Soon as we switched to Adidas I had a feeling that it was going to happen. The NBA is experimenting with it this year, and by experimenting I mean easing in inevitability onto the fans

I really didn't like their logo when it came out.  The "V" in the negative space is great but the helmet seems too long and has no interesting details to it.  It doesn't look like a hockey crest; it looks like something that was designed to be shrunk down and put on hats and t-shirts (which it probably is).

That said, I like the jerseys more than I thought I would.  Really like that the primary color is steel gray and not black, and there's some really interesting detailing in the crest in the black area around the helmet and also in the gold parts of the sleeves.  (Check out some of the zoomed in, higher-res shots online.)  The colors look pretty good if you see pictures where everything isn't under the weird spotlights from the events last night.  I'm cautiously optimistic that these will look pretty cool in person and hopefully on TV as well.

EDIT: Some good pics here of what I'm talking about: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/look-vegas-golden-knights-unveil-jerseys-for-franchises-inaugural-nhl-season/

Edited by Robviously

Just noticed looking back @ all 31 sweaters, the Sabres are the only team w/ #'s on the front. Surprised they're the only ones to keep that.

They were the first, and they are the last.

I like the front number.

Agreed. And I think I like it more now that we're the only ones with it. Its unique, and I dig that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.